How is the Camelot Inn?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
For my March trip I was going to stay at DLH for 3 nights, but I could get the 2 room family suite at Camelot for 4 nights for around the same price.
Is the Camelot nice? Safe, quiet, not too far? We'll be going to Princess nite so will be walking back to the hotel quite late, maybe midnight or 1am.

Any input appreciated! :)

We have stayed there a number of times, and it is nice. It is across the street and very close to the crosswalk to get to Disneyland. We find the rooms to be spacious and clean. We will be staying there again in April.

We stayed there for 6 nights in July 2022 and it met our needs, clean and within walking distance to the parks.
I'd stay there again
My husband would go back to the room early and my 12 year old and I would stay late and walk back to the hotel, we felt safe and there were still tons of people walking back to their hotels at that time of night.

We love the Camelot! Super easy walk, McDonald’s is next door if you want food and or coffee. We felt totally safe walking back and we thought they did a really nice job with their remodel too. Have a great trip!

I'm a solo, female, 40-something traveler and feel completely safe on the walk. I have stayed at Tropicana (the sister hotel) and there's always a ton of people still going north on Katella, so you'll never be alone.

I've never had an issue at Tropicana, and since they have the same owners as Camelot, I'd expect the same level of cleanliness. I've never heard any complaints. Looking at their website it looks like they've updated the rooms in the last few years, which typically means the room is in good condition.

Another good thing about Camelot: if you count hotel-to-main-gate distance, Camelot is closer to the main gates (back of Camelot property 2,200 ft vs Frontier Tower at DLH 3,000). Granted, 800 feet doesn't seem far, but that's still 0.15 of a mile, and I'm that lazy, haha.

Thanks so much for the input! It sounds very nice. Turns out they have 1 less night than I need, but I'm going to keep checking between now and my trip and hopefully something will open up.

:)

Bumping to see if there are any more recent stays at Camelot. We're booked in their family suite for July.

I've heard it's a 7 minute walk, but is that to the crosswalk, or to the turnstiles in the park?

Does anyone know if they have coffee makers in the rooms?

Has anyone ever had groceries delivered there?

One more thing...Was the pool area nice? It looked kind of small in the pictures.

Its great, very very convenient and clean.

But do not tell anyone, its overlooked alot.

Bumping to see if there are any more recent stays at Camelot. We're booked in their family suite for July.

I've heard it's a 7 minute walk, but is that to the crosswalk, or to the turnstiles in the park?

Does anyone know if they have coffee makers in the rooms?

Has anyone ever had groceries delivered there?

One more thing...Was the pool area nice? It looked kind of small in the pictures.
7 minutes to Esplanade security, maybe 15 - 20 to parks, depending on security

Our room had a coffee maker and fridge.

You can have groceries delivered.

Pool are is small.

Pool is small, but has a killer view! Fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. Plus a safe.

Here’s a video of the walk and we also have one of the room. We cut video before security because you can’t film security. Super quick walk.

Have a great trip!

7 minutes to Esplanade security, maybe 15 - 20 to parks, depending on security

Our room had a coffee maker and fridge.

You can have groceries delivered.

Pool are is small.
Thank you! ( I won't tell anyone if I like it.)

Pool is small, but has a killer view! Fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. Plus a safe.

Here’s a video of the walk and we also have one of the room. We cut video before security because you can’t film security. Super quick walk.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! Great video, as usual. I like the overnight experience one you have for this, especially. Those videos are so helpful :)

I'm a solo, female, 40-something traveler and feel completely safe on the walk. I have stayed at Tropicana (the sister hotel) and there's always a ton of people still going north on Katella, so you'll never be alone.

I've never had an issue at Tropicana, and since they have the same owners as Camelot, I'd expect the same level of cleanliness. I've never heard any complaints. Looking at their website it looks like they've updated the rooms in the last few years, which typically means the room is in good condition.

Another good thing about Camelot: if you count hotel-to-main-gate distance, Camelot is closer to the main gates (back of Camelot property 2,200 ft vs Frontier Tower at DLH 3,000). Granted, 800 feet doesn't seem far, but that's still 0.15 of a mile, and I'm that lazy, haha.
Ha ha...I love that you actually calculated the distances! I've thought much about this myself over the years, i.e., that the "front and center" hotels are actually closer in distance than DLH.

We too are considering the Camelot for a trip we're planning for late November, since both BWPPI and BWAI are both fully booked. Our preference is usually for BW's.

Ha ha...I love that you actually calculated the distances! I've thought much about this myself over the years, i.e., that the "front and center" hotels are actually closer in distance than DLH.

We too are considering the Camelot for a trip we're planning for late November, since both BWPPI and BWAI are both fully booked. Our preference is usually for BW's.
Rooms might open up at the BW. When I stayed at BWPAI I had to check over and over, but I eventually did get the rooms I wanted. I checked the website a couple times a day.

Rooms might open up at the BW. When I stayed at BWPAI I had to check over and over, but I eventually did get the rooms I wanted. I checked the website a couple times a day.
Oh good to know. My preference is for BWPPPI, and then BWPA...before Camelot and the others. Of course, Camelot is a little cheaper than the BW's. I'll keep checking then.

Oh good to know. My preference is for BWPPPI, and then BWPA...before Camelot and the others. Of course, Camelot is a little cheaper than the BW's. I'll keep checking then.
Forgot to mention before...I booked my nights separately since 4 consecutive nights weren't available the first time I checked. Then after I'd booked all 4 of my nights with the same room type I called BW and asked them to put all the rooms under one reservation number. They were happy to do it.

(I hope that makes sense lol.)

I always get frustrated by people saying DLR hotels are the closest to the parks; not necessarily if a person is heading to DL proper.

... and clearly, I like having really odd knowledge/facts 🤣 I believe I have the distance for every motel that touches the whole perimeter streets around the parks.

I always get frustrated by people saying DLR hotels are the closest to the parks; not necessarily if a person is heading to DL proper.

... and clearly, I like having really odd knowledge/facts 🤣 I believe I have the distance for every motel that touches the whole perimeter streets around the parks.
I don't have the distances, but I know the last few hundred feet at the end of the night REALLY MATTER lol. I'm on a mission to try all the walking ones, but recently added a few that are on bus routes that are easy to do too. Every time I get a favorite - all of a sudden its rates go up. We Disney people are great researchers ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter