How is the Drive from Vegas to DLR on I-15?

HB has many good major "surface" streets, but not much in the way of freeways. If your relatives are just off of Beach Blvd, then taking the 57 south to the 22 west is your best bet. Exit at Beach Blvd and go south. The 57 and 22 can be pretty bad at rush hour, so avoid those times if possible. If you want to avoid the freeways completely, you can also take Ball Rd west then turn left (south) on Beach Blvd.

That sounds good. Would rush hour be considered after 3 pm or even earlier? What would you say is the non-rush hour window? I was thinking 10-2:30ish...

That sounds good. Would rush hour be considered after 3 pm or even earlier? What would you say is the non-rush hour window? I was thinking 10-2:30ish...

You'll avoid the worst traffic if you're on the freeways between 9:30 am-3:30 pm. Then after about 6:30 pm the traffic lightens up again.

Thanks so much! Is there any construction going on that you know of?

When we went in April, there was construction just south of Primm. If you are heading from vegas to Disneyland, I would not take the "expresslane" they built that veers off to the left. It is only 1 lane and I have always ended up behind a slow car.

We just made the trip the last weekend in June. Left Las Vegas (actually Henderson) about 10 am on Friday. Took just about 4 hours traveling time. (We stopped for lunch outside of Barstow.) There is still road construction south of Primm and PP was right about avoiding the "expresslane". Traffic was steady but not really heavy. We came back late at night on Monday. Very little traffic then.

Mugglemama, thanks for posting this thread!! My 3 DD and I are driving from Texas in 4 weeks. We are spending the night at Kingman on the way to DL. After we leave DL, we are going to the Vegas area to visit family.

I picked up a lot of useful freeway information!:woohoo:

When we went in April, there was construction just south of Primm. If you are heading from vegas to Disneyland, I would not take the "expresslane" they built that veers off to the left. It is only 1 lane and I have always ended up behind a slow car.

I think that same car hangs out here in town.
Speed limit 40mph.
Mind set,"If 40 is the speed limit,35 has to be safer,I'll do 27".:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter