• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the Navigators Veranda

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
My DH wants to downgrade from cat 5 stateroom with veranda to the Navaigaotor's Veranda due to money. I am wondering how is that stateroom? Especially with it located at the end of the ship (aft).

I need all the help I can. Thanks.

Minybear,

We had the Navigators veranda last year, one this year, and the same one booked for next year. We love the location (deck 7 aft) couldn't be better. The veranda is nice, and we don't mind not having the full view. You can still see enough, and it's alot more private. I say go for it, we did this for the price difference originally, and now book it simply because we like it.

Robin ºOº

Minybear,

The room is exactly the same.

As for the verandas themselves the regular one has the plexiglass bottom so you can see through it and the entire top is open. There are two matching chairs of metal/webbing and a small table. On the navigator vernada the bottom is metal and closed in. The top is also metal but has a large cut out (round like the size of the portholes on the Magic, bigger and more oval on the Wonder). There is one wood chair with a pad, a small wood table and a wonderful padded bench along one wall. There is also a map on one wall and some instruments along the front.

We did regular veranda's our first two cruises, a navigator on our 3rd, and a regular porthole room on our recent Wonder cruise. We have a navigator booked for our upcoming May one was well. I like the rooms a lot. They are very convenient to the deck 9 drink station and buffet. Best of all you get to do the safety drill in Animator's Palette, not out in the hot sun!

Thanks everyone for your info. It makes me more comfortable now. We normally do 1 trip a year but now we have a DVC trip to WDW and a 7 night cruise (cash) planned. My DH is fearing that I will be very STRESSED this year in saving $$$ for both vacations. So he wants me to downgrade to eliminate all the stress.

recently disney downgraded 4 cabins from cat 6 to cat seven and they have the plexi verandah if u got to www.castawayclub.com and click on a link for staterooms u will see cat 6 for cat 7 link and it willl show u the six rooms
we had no problem with the room we had witch was 7620
and still got our verandah partail obstructed but hey was not a problem check it out peter

You could also try to get a "secret veranda" room. They were Cat 5&6's that were reclassified as a Cat.7 because they are a bit obstructed from the way the ship curves at the back. We had 7620 on our Dec. cruised and loved it. Deck 7 is a wonderful location and the "obstuction" just makes the verandah a little more sheltered from the wind. It was great! Here are a couple of our photos. We have booked it again for our Aug. 2004 trip! http://home.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=spicystruthers&password=69932600

Thanks for all your info (YAHOOOO). I will email DU (after I get off work today) and see if they can change my resv from cat 5 to cat 7 and see if I can get me rooms 7620 or 7120.

Now I have no regrets on changing from cat 5 to 7 now.

This is one GREAT reason why I LOVE THE DIS. The information you get is WONDERFUL.

Minybear

Is the window on the Navigator's Verandah open, so you feel the sea breeze? Or covered in plexiglass? Is the Navigator's Verandah "stuffy" because it is so enclosed? Sorry for the stupid questions, trying to decide on the type of verandah for my Eastern cruise in November 2004, because we plan to spend alot of time out there!

Thanks!

The navigators veranda has an open hole not a window. It is not stuffy and also not as windy as a regular veranda. we loved it. try www.castawayclub.com to see pictures.

Originally posted by SuAnne
You could also try to get a "secret veranda" room. They were Cat 5&6's that were reclassified as a Cat.7 because they are a bit obstructed from the way the ship curves at the back. We had 7620 on our Dec. cruised and loved it. Deck 7 is a wonderful location and the "obstuction" just makes the verandah a little

Does this room sleep 3 or 4????

We had the cat 7 nv on Magic and they are darker than the Cat 6's. We also have a 2 yr old who wanted to look out the port hole. So we had to hoist him up and Lean there (holding on tight).
Also not enough room for two to lean on and watch the ship sail away.
Hey it was free and an upgrade.

We loved deck 5.

Our next cruise we have decided to go with the cat6 on deck 5 and then the little guy can stare out through the plexiglass.

I just wanted to update you.

My TA (DU) changed my reservation for us to go into 6134. That is one of the obstructed views. It was originally cat 6 and now its cat 7. I looked at this room and out of all the obstructed view rooms this is the least obstructed :).

Thanks for all of your info.
Minybear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter