How late after closing before rushed out of park(s)

I saw photo pass photographers leave right at 8.

we’ve been in galaxy’s edge for 20-40 minutes after closing and it’s not been an issue (we had Oga’s reservations at 8:00 and to be honest, that did feel rushed but it was okay)

the attached picture was taken at 8:01
Thanks. We can either do a 745 or 805 depending on which day we decide to do it. So we will probably do the 745. I understand the photo pass people leaving at 8 which I’m fine with. I just wanted to snap some picks of my 2 kids with their sabers.

We were the last group to go at 9:05pm last night. Park closed at 8pm. Once we were done they were pointing you towards the exit but allowed us to take pics. They won’t let you go by the Falcon though. I did see the groups that went between 8-9 pm getting pics with it so if you’re in that time frame you might be good.

In most lines of employment folks working wish to leave at closing time. I bet WDW employees are the same. They have lives, plans, and families too. I am sure the WDW organization provides plenty of time for all to eat their meal and exit if they have a late reservation but to ask them to extend the work day, hmmmmmm???

And if it's anywhere like other similar places I've worked they don't pay you for the extra time you hang out waiting for people to meander out

They will stop having photopass at closing time that far back in the park, but you should be able to walk over to the Falcon right after. People will still be exiting Smuggler's Run at that time.

And if it's anywhere like other similar places I've worked they don't pay you for the extra time you hang out waiting for people to meander out
I mentioned it upthread but Disney (any many other parks and places) schedule CMs past park hours. So say the park closes at 8, CMs may be scheduled to work til 10 or so. So they expect to be there whether there are people or not.

I mentioned it upthread but Disney (any many other parks and places) schedule CMs past park hours. So say the park closes at 8, CMs may be scheduled to work til 10 or so. So they expect to be there whether there are people or not.

good. I worked at many jobs including at an unnamed amusement park that didnot and we’d all average several hours of unpaid work a week

good. I worked at many jobs including at an unnamed amusement park that didnot and we’d all average several hours of unpaid work a week
That's a violation of labor laws, and your former employer(s) could be fined and forced to pay you back wages. Although I'm assuming this happened long enough ago to you that you would no longer be able to file complaint. But for future reference, you can file a complaint with the Department of Labor.

That's a violation of labor laws, and your former employer(s) could be fined and forced to pay you back wages. Although I'm assuming this happened long enough ago to you that you would no longer be able to file complaint. But for future reference, you can file a complaint with the Department of Labor.

or just hire ignorant teenagers and people with dubious migration records like these places did

or just hire ignorant teenagers and people with dubious migration records like these places did
I can see employees with dubious immigration staus not wanting to rock the boat, but nowadays almost every teen has access to Google. I guess my point should be that Disney isn't going to be making a practice of this because they would get sued for sure.

This may be true, but they likely have other duties once guests leave. The longer the guests take to make their exit, the less time they have available to complete their closing tasks. Often, these are the type of tasks that amusement parks don't want the guests to see CMs doing, so guests must be gone.

Not in any of the WDW departments I worked in. You were paid until you clocked out. And if you were stopped by a Guest while walking through the park on your way out after clocking out, you were supposed to have a manager adjust your clock-out time the next work day,

Having worked in a number of departments at WDW, I know that it varies from department to department and position to position. As a WDW bus driver I clocked out as scheduled but in my last department we had an end time but it meant nothing, we stayed until we were done. Sometimes I clocked out before I was scheduled to and sometimes it was after I was scheduled to leave. Whatever it took to wrap things up, and we all knew it. But we got paid accordingly.

I had Oga's reservations at 8:45 PM (for an 8 PM close) this past Wednesday. Bartender was awesome, I didn't feel rushed at all. When I left there were still folks seated and enjoying the Cantina.

Last time I had post-park-close reservations there were CMs along the route out of the park, making sure you didn't wander off course. This time, I asked a CM as I left if I could snap a quick picture of the Falcon, and they said sure!

I took a few pictures of the Falcon, and ended up accidentally leaving the land the wrong way after. There weren't as many posted CMs along the route as there were previous nights, and walking around in wonder of the land made me a little disoriented.

A CM sent me back through Galaxy's Edge, and past the MF again. There were a few folks on the platform by Docking Bay 7 taking pics, so I asked a CM (again) and they let me take some more from the higher angle. I also got pics of the outside of SciFi and Grauman's Theatre walking out. They're not the best - I try to take them as quickly as possible so I'm not imposing - but I've found that CMs are generally super kind as long as you don't take advantage. And if anyone said no, I would've moved along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter