• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How late in the day can you get FP for Fantasmic?

sarasmom97

Mouseketeer
We should arrive in Anaheim around noon on a Sunday, hope to be in the park by 1:30. Will we still be able to get a FP for F! that late in the day? If not, we'll probably just watch the fireworks and make it an early night.

It will be very close. You do have the advantage of two shows that night but I wouldn't count on there being any available. If that is your only night perhaps a dining package would be a good option.

We recently got fast passes at a later hour (11:30a), but the section was all the way on the side of the show, in front of Haunted Mansion. We thought we might as well have skipped the fast passes and just sat on the brick wall in front of the mansion.

It will be very close. You do have the advantage of two shows that night but I wouldn't count on there being any available. If that is your only night perhaps a dining package would be a good option.

I looked into the Aladdin's Oasis package (we are a party of 5 on a budget trip,the other options sound better but are out of our price range :rolleyes:), but I'd like to find out more about the food. I've only found one review and they weren't all that impressed.

We just returned, and the Blue Bayou F! package was one of our highlights. We waited for a water table (note...stay in area for pager, we didn't and got to wait twice), loved having the cushion and the front row center seats. Surf and turf baby.

I looked into the Aladdin's Oasis package (we are a party of 5 on a budget trip,the other options sound better but are out of our price range :rolleyes:), but I'd like to find out more about the food. I've only found one review and they weren't all that impressed.

Just so you are aware, with aladdin all you get is a colored fastpass, the same one the machine spits out. If you will be there earlier in the day I'd suggest grabbing one from the machine for free and leaving you with more options for dining.

Does anyone have more insight about when the FP's run out? We are looking at visiting this coming Friday, but wouldn't arrive until a little before noon. Is there any chance we'd still be able to get FP's for the early show?

LisaT91403 Good question. I'll be watching for replies too. We arrive late morning Wednesday.

The weather looks like it will be GREAT! Sunny and warm is my favorite combo.

Geemo

Does anyone have more insight about when the FP's run out? We are looking at visiting this coming Friday, but wouldn't arrive until a little before noon. Is there any chance we'd still be able to get FP's for the early show?

They are still available, but for the 10:45 show. I decided to get some right after an early lunch last Friday. The first show had been out of FP for over an hour the CM said. They were still giving 10:45 show tickets away at 2:30. You should have no trouble getting them if you don't mind staying up. With a 3yo in my group, we didn't even try.

They are still available, but for the 10:45 show. I decided to get some right after an early lunch last Friday. The first show had been out of FP for over an hour the CM said. They were still giving 10:45 show tickets away at 2:30. You should have no trouble getting them if you don't mind staying up. With a 3yo in my group, we didn't even try.

I have a 6 year old, so 10:45 isn't going to work. I would do one of the dining packages, but we are going with friends who are on an extremely tight budget...and therefore can't do dining. Argh! I liked it better without FP's.

Our trip over the summer (all though before the FP system) we got there about an hour early maybe an hour and a half and got great spots against the rail of the path that goes in between French market and the path at the bottom, just because it has FP now you can still get spots with out them you just have to wait longer for one from what I understand

Our trip over the summer (all though before the FP system) we got there about an hour early maybe an hour and a half and got great spots against the rail of the path that goes in between French market and the path at the bottom, just because it has FP now you can still get spots with out them you just have to wait longer for one from what I understand

Almost the entire area is reserved for FP and dining packages. There are small standby sections but you have to get there 1-1.5 hours before show time to wait in the Mark Twain Dock to be filled into the standby section where it gets very crowded. If you aren't toward the front of the standby queue you won't get a rail spot and little ones will have a hard time seeing. Plus the standby section is to the far side so you miss a good portion of the Columbia and Twain sections as they are still dark while passing parts of the section.

At about 1:00pm on Friday, we got FP's for the 10:45 show in the Yellow section. We ended up leaving before the show because our kiddos were too tired, but I wanted to report back just as an FYI.

Also, the CM at the FP machine said that we would be able to sit in this section, as long as we arrived early enough. I mistakenly had thought that only FP's with the dining packages allowed for seated areas.

At about 1:00pm on Friday, we got FP's for the 10:45 show in the Yellow section. We ended up leaving before the show because our kiddos were too tired, but I wanted to report back just as an FYI.

Also, the CM at the FP machine said that we would be able to sit in this section, as long as we arrived early enough. I mistakenly had thought that only FP's with the dining packages allowed for seated areas.
Did you get to sit? I know that each of the colored FP viewing areas has one section (closest to the river) that is generally ground seated. The rest of the FP viewing areas are standing room only (from other reports). During Spring Break it seemed inconsistent about what order they were filling up the FP viewing areas. When you went, did you get to self select the ground seated area in your FP area or did the CM direct you to that area?

The Blue Bayou Dining Package is the only viewing area with guaranteed ground seating. The RBT (from all reports) seems to be ground seating as well, although DLR does not promise it so it's possible that it could be standing room only if they sold a lot of RBT packages.

I was gonna say that I think you would be good for the later show, we actually had to wait for the FP we wanted for Fantasmic until around that time (1ish) because we wanted the 10:45 show... it works out great because DCA closes at 10 so we go straight to that...

I was gonna say that I think you would be good for the later show, we actually had to wait for the FP we wanted for Fantasmic until around that time (1ish) because we wanted the 10:45 show... it works out great because DCA closes at 10 so we go straight to that...

How are crowds coming over??? That might be an option for our last night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter