• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How late to mardi gras festivities last?

No11's Mom

DIS Veteran
This is a repeat of a question I posted before the boards went down (and I went into withdrawals). I can't find the original post, so I guess it was lost.

How late into the evening do the mardi gras activities last? Are any attractions open during the parades? Any more info you could give me on mardi gras will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi!
The only information I can give you is from an annual pass newsletter type of thing I just received. It says there will be 9 headline concerts each Sat. night including Hootie and the Blowfish, Creedence Clearwater Revisited and James Brown. I have never been before so I can't tell you much! I am quite sure they wouldn't close down the attractions during the parades, unless a certain one would somehow interefere, but I can't see it. I would imagine the parade is at set times, and they probably throw in some street entertainment in between...

Sounds festive and I'm looking forward to hanging out! (um...you know what I mean!)

Primarily, I'm just bumping this up for you so the people who know something can see it! ;)

Karen

Mardi gras goes till about 10 thru the week and 11 to 12 on the weekend:smooth:

I'll be there 2/10. Is Mardi Gras an extra charge deal like WDW's E-nights? Or do they just close the rides at 7PM and let you stay for the party, etc?

Mardi Gras celebration can start a few hours before park close. You can see stilt walkers wandering around and the party zone opens about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before park close. The parade starts at park close and runs until it goes around its circuit (about 30 minutes). Portions of the park (certain restaurants and gift shops) remain open until the last guest departs. Rides close at the park close, but if you are standing in line for a ride before the doors close, you will be able to ride. They'll leave the ride open for those standing in line until the queue is cleared. If there's a concert, it usually lasts for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Mardi Gras is included with park admission.

Thanks Barry.
God, I'm sooooo looking forward to my visit next month. Just wish I had more than one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter