How likely is an opening at Ohana?

Cwilson

Mouseketeer
We're headed to WDW in about 2 months for our 10th Wedding Anniversary trip. I really want to do the dinner at Ohana, but can't find any reservations for any night that we are there. How likely is it that I may find something if I keep checking? :stitch2:

Keep checking, things do become available. Especially as you get closer, even the day of.
Consider Touring Plans Reservation finder, as is frequently mentioned. It has helped us and many others in the past.
good luck!

We have had lots of luck getting last minute ADRs at Ohana.

Check randomly between now and your trip dates. Then if no luck, really ramp up the checking about two weeks away from the date you want. Good luck!

Keep checking and even once you’re there people cancel two/three days in advance when they’re already on their trips and decide to make some changes, we’ve gotten reservations for popular ADRs two days in advance after 5+ months of no luck

We've had great luck using the free Touring Plans reservation finder. Came through every time we used it. Also, wait until the few days before and check- people cancel a lot in the days before their reservation as their plans change.

I have to say that I was always able to get a reservation - and we usually are a party of 8 or 10. Keep trying. Even close to the date. Be flexible with times and you should get it.

We're headed to WDW in about 2 months for our 10th Wedding Anniversary trip. I really want to do the dinner at Ohana, but can't find any reservations for any night that we are there. How likely is it that I may find something if I keep checking? :stitch2:
Two days before a reservation Disney sends out a reminder. At that time several people will cancel. Also, more will cancel right up till midnight the night before so they won’t be charged the noshow fee. So do a lot of checking and refreshing right up till the last minute. I really think you will get something.

touring plans free reservation finder as others have said. Does the repeated checking for you. They will text you when there is an opening, you click on it and make the reservation.

We were there end of May/early June 2017 and had a reservation. My bf (ex now) loved it so much he wanted to try and go back. I told him the chances may not be good so don't get his hopes up. We were staying at Poly and was raining one evening so we headed back to the room while my daughter and her bf continued with reservations we had previously made and just made it date night. On the bus on the way back to Poly, he checked MDE and was able to snag a reservation at 'Ohana for 2 Adults, 1 Disney Adult, and 2 kids. I expect people had the same thought we did and didn't want to be out in the hard rain that evening so cancelled.

How likely is it that I may find something if I keep checking?

1) Reservations are readily available.
2) Alas, of the resort eateries, this is one of the hardest to get, and even harder to find openings later.
3) But, it does happen
. . . when the stars are perfectly aligned
. . . when pigs seen flying
. . . when Karma turns your way

NOTE: The easiest way is to find a resort Concierge with an OVERRIDE CODE (usually 1-2 per resort). Such concierge can get you into any sold-out eatery (except capacity limited venues such as HDDR, Luau, BBQ). I have accommodated any person, any group (regardless of size), at any date, at any time. This is one reason why some venues are almost always behind the ADR time - sine so many people were added beyond the dining system schedule times. As an example, I once added a group of 14 people into a sold out CRT - and ended backing ADR's up more than 45-minutes.

1) Reservations are readily available.
2) Alas, of the resort eateries, this is one of the hardest to get, and even harder to find openings later.
3) But, it does happen
. . . when the stars are perfectly aligned
. . . when pigs seen flying
. . . when Karma turns your way

NOTE: The easiest way is to find a resort Concierge with an OVERRIDE CODE (usually 1-2 per resort). Such concierge can get you into any sold-out eatery (except capacity limited venues such as HDDR, Luau, BBQ). I have accommodated any person, any group (regardless of size), at any date, at any time. This is one reason why some venues are almost always behind the ADR time - sine so many people were added beyond the dining system schedule times. As an example, I once added a group of 14 people into a sold out CRT - and ended backing ADR's up more than 45-minutes.
Wow how generous of you!!!

Sorry to drop in on this thread but we are in the same situation with Ohana. If we are unable to get a reservation, can we just put our name in and wait? What are the chances of being given a table?

Keep checking, things do become available. Especially as you get closer, even the day of.
Consider Touring Plans Reservation finder, as is frequently mentioned. It has helped us and many others in the past.
good luck!

We were able to get an 'Ohana reservation last trip with Touring Plans Reservation Finder. It came through a few days before during our trip. It came through. Keep trying.

Keep checking. I only started booking ADRs for an end of April trip with my mom in February. She’s never been, so I wanted to take her to Ohana as I loved it each time I’ve been.

March 2 I managed a reservation for 9:25pm on April 27. But that would mean missing HEA. So I kept looking, checking the app randomly every day or two.

March 26, I modified it to 9:20pm on April 25, our arrival date. Boom! I almost didn’t believe it when that time popped up as I was so used to seeing the “There are no reservations available for this time frame” message. Mom is still not sure why it’s such a huge accomplishment, but she’ll learn. :)

This week I've found 2 O'hana dinner reservations for 4th of July week using Touring Plans Reservation Finder. One came up the first day I entered the search, one was 3 days later.

Repeatedly searching on your own is not necessary.

Definitely keep checking- over the summer we were in Ormond Beach for the week and stopping overnight at the Boardwalk on Saturday before heading home. We just planned to eat WPE that night, but that Wednesday afternoon prior I was looking just to see what options were available, and I was able to get a 5:30 at 'Ohana for that Saturday night.

Sorry to drop in on this thread but we are in the same situation with Ohana. If we are unable to get a reservation, can we just put our name in and wait? What are the chances of being given a table?

It depends. walk ups may or may not be available. I have been when we were told (by various restaurants) that they were not accepting *any* walk ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter