How likely would Epcot close on Memorial Day?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I heard that Epcot is now a 10 on May 28th Memorial Day and our plan was to go from HS to Epcot for the last day of the flower festival. Wondering if it is a crowd 10, is it likely to be closed if we hop over around 3pm? Any thoughts? I know they can close the parks, but no clue when that is likely to happen.

Jenn

Are you staying onsite? If so, you are probably fine. EPCOT very rarely closes. I don’t think it was closed to everyone since New Year’s Eve 1999.

How funny, we have the same plan. HS on Memorial day then hopping to Epcot for dinner and probably back to HS for fireworks.

I doubt it will close given how many people that park can hold. You can never be certain, but I think you'll be safe.

I would imagine most of these people would be in World Showcase. If you want to escape the crowds, go to Innoventions.

I heard that Epcot is now a 10 on May 28th Memorial Day and our plan was to go from HS to Epcot for the last day of the flower festival. Wondering if it is a crowd 10, is it likely to be closed if we hop over around 3pm? Any thoughts? I know they can close the parks, but no clue when that is likely to happen.

Jenn

I was told by a cast member that Epcot will never close because it has 2 entrances and they can now open additional areas if they get near capacity.

I was told by a cast member that Epcot will never close because it has 2 entrances and they can now open additional areas if they get near capacity.
That's curious. I don't know of any "additional areas" that might have opened in the past 10 years or so. I'm also not sure what the fact that it has 2 entrances has to do with park capacity.

Not sure what other areas they might open, but, it's has massive room for people just on the pathways. Epcot closing seems to be something of fantasy instead of reality.

I assume ‘other areas’ could mean something like the World Showcase Pavillon between Canada and UK where the host various events, the Wonders of Life pavilion, etc. Obviously those are both indoors, but are big people eaters.

Jenn

We picked Epcot for that day too! lol

I assume ‘other areas’ could mean something like the World Showcase Pavillion between Canada and UK where the host various events, the Wonders of Life pavillion, etc. Obviously those are both indoors, but are big people eaters.
I suppose, but, unless they knew that the crowd would max them out, what would people do in those buildings. Most of the time all they are used for is storage. We are not talking about getting in out of the weather, we are talking about adding space to include more people. Again, we might be able to be shuffled into those places but what would we do once we got there and what would keep us there. I think kidnapping is illegal in Florida, but, then again, it is Florida so anything is possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter