How long after closing and document recording before making a reservation?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
I am asking for my sister because I can't for the life of me remember how long it took. My sister closed on July 11th a Boardwalk contract and it was officially recorded July 13th. So how long before she can contact DVC to make a reservation? What does she need to do this? She doesn't have a member number yet.

She's about 4 days ahead of me. This is my first time around too. I've read many different scenarios; to wait at least 10 days to call and you MAY get someone who will give the number and some may not. I know someone who got the official letter with her number about 2 1/2 weeks from the deed being recorded. If she has luck getting it, please update.

She should call her guide. We were able to make a reservation as soon as our paperwork was sent in and received. I just called our guide.

I closed on the 12th and my deed recorded on the 13th. I called today and was told our docs were received on the 14th and they are currently processing files recieved on the 11th. In a couple of days I can call back to get my number!!!!

I closed on the 12th and my deed recorded on the 13th. I called today and was told our docs were received on the 14th and they are currently processing files recieved on the 11th. In a couple of days I can call back to get my number!!!!
Same dates as us, thanks for the info!

She should call her guide. We were able to make a reservation as soon as our paperwork was sent in and received. I just called our guide.
Did you buy direct? Whole different kettle of fish for resale buyers.
Mine were loaded into my existing account in 10 calendar days back in April, DVC seems to be taking a few days longer right now - based on postings I've read in the 'closing time' thread.

Deed was recorded on July 3. Called DVC yesterday July 19 and got everything I needed: member number, activation code, etc. I was able to make a reservation for four nights in December. Got my plane tickets and dinner reservations!! I am beyond excited!

Good to know there is still something available for December! I am anxiously waiting for mine to close any day now in hopes of a December trip...but wasn't sure of the availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter