• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long after closing?

JSagitas

Earning My Ears
About how long after closing does it take for Disney to deposit the points into your account?

Mine took around 2 weeks but if you aren't a previous owner you need the code to get access. We still haven't received ours in the mail and we closed at the end of September.

Mine took around 2 weeks but if you aren't a previous owner you need the code to get access. We still haven't received ours in the mail and we closed at the end of September.
What if you are a DVC member but getting a different use year and resort? Do you still need the code?

What if you are a DVC member but getting a different use year and resort? Do you still need the code?

I was not a previous owner so I am not certain but I do not believe so. I think they will link it to your current member number and they should show up. I am sure another member can confirm or dispute this for you.

I was in the same boat a few months ago with my second resale contract -- I don't remember needing another code. If I remember correctly, the second contract just magically showed up in my dashboard. I didn't notice it at first -- MS had to tell me where to look on the website.

I want to say it took about 10 days or so (after title company sent closing documents to disney) to see the contract show up, and then the points were there within 2 days after that.

We closed on Sept 28, and I still don't have points deposited in my account. I confirmed the deed was recorded on the Orange County Comptroller's website, and a few weeks later we received a welcome letter from DVC. That evening we gained access to the website. I've been staring at zeros for 4-5 days now. The woman at DVC told me I might have to wait up to a week to see the points in my account. We are first-time resale buyers, so maybe that is why it is taking so long...? :confused3

We closed on Sept 28, and I still don't have points deposited in my account. I confirmed the deed was recorded on the Orange County Comptroller's website, and a few weeks later we received a welcome letter from DVC. That evening we gained access to the website. I've been staring at zeros for 4-5 days now. The woman at DVC told me I might have to wait up to a week to see the points in my account. We are first-time resale buyers, so maybe that is why it is taking so long...? :confused3
They have to setup the account and then add the points to it. If you already had an account it would go a little bit quicker but not much.

This timeline seems a bit long. Have you called and asked someone else? Ours were in our account the first time we logged in. Funny that you got your letter already - we closed before you and still don't have our letter but a nice cast member helped us get online access already. We are first time resale as well.

I haven't spoken to anyone else at DVC yet. If I don't see points by Monday morning I will call again.

I had tried to get online before receiving the letter, but they refused to give me the ID and activation code. Later that day, I got the letter, so no big deal.

I'm surprised by the inconsistencies in their system--everyone's resale "journey" seems to be just a little different from the next person's.

This timeline seems a bit long. Have you called and asked someone else? Ours were in our account the first time we logged in. Funny that you got your letter already - we closed before you and still don't have our letter but a nice cast member helped us get online access already. We are first time resale as well.

I agree, you should speak to someone else. We closed on Sept 26th and deed was recorded 28th. I was able to call and get my account set up October 11th. Points were in same afternoon. We are also first time buyers through resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter