How long are people waiting for Magical Express?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
A few months ago I remember seeing a post about 2 hour waits for Magic Express transportation to the resort from MCO. Is this still a thing? I'm going in December and due to some joint issues I have difficulty standing in one place for long. I can walk for miles, but standing still is painful. I'll be on my own so no one to watch my luggage or save a place in line. This isn't how I want to start my vacation. If it's still a thing, I might try one of the car services.

It can vary greatly depending on time of day, day of the week, or any number of factors.
A car service will not require any waiting beyond the time it takes for your bags to come out. Most of them meet you at the bottom of the baggage claim escalators.
If you're concerned about the wait, definitely book car service.

I just joined a line (about 10 mins ago) that started at Alamo car rental. The line is moving… but it is a long line. We’ll see how long it takes 😁

Just checked in and joined my lane (waited about 25 mins so far)
Sign at check in says expected wait time 60 mins.

(Lucky I downloaded the imagineering series off from Disney + before I left home. 😁)

I made it in the bus (about 30mins waiting after initial scan in)
So—just a couple mins shy of an hour to get on the bus.

The process (yesterday) took about 2hours (from joining the queue to stepping in to my resort).
I was lucky because the bus stopped at my resort first (that’s never happened before).
I was surprised that the bus was making 5 stops: Boardwalk, Beach Club,Yacht Club, Riviera and Caribbean Beach Resort- I thought it used to be 3 stops (but, honestly it’s been a couple years since I’ve been on the Magical Express)

My last trip in Oct there was no wait. I walked straight through check-in, into the line and onto the bus.

Waited in the longest DME line I’ve ever seen last Saturday 11/13 around 1 pm. Sign said 60 minutes. Was actually about 45 but that included a 10-minute delay due to someone near the front of the line getting injured and EMTs being called to take them away. (Hope they’re ok!) Wasn’t too bad a wait, all things considered.

It can vary greatly depending on time of day, day of the week, or any number of factors.
A car service will not require any waiting beyond the time it takes for your bags to come out. Most of them meet you at the bottom of the baggage claim escalators.
If you're concerned about the wait, definitely book car service.
Very few drivers will meet you at baggage claim. Your driver will text you the slot number where you'll meet your driver and his vehicle

Very few drivers will meet you at baggage claim. Your driver will text you the slot number where you'll meet your driver and his vehicle
That’s simply untrue. I flew back to Orlando just last week and there were at least 10 drivers from various companies waiting at the bottom of the escalator.

That’s simply untrue. I flew back to Orlando just last week and there were at least 10 drivers from various companies waiting at the bottom of the escalator.
There were a couple of recent threads. Most of the drivers aren't doing meet n greet. Customers who want meet n greet should confirm when they make their reservation. I agree a number of drivers do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter