How long before check in can you arrive at the terminal (Port Canaveral)?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Trying to arrange my transportation to Port Canaveral. We have a 11:30 check in time. How early in advance do they allow passengers to arrive? How much time should I allocate between physically arriving at the building and actually being in a position to get onto the boat (i.e. allocating time to likely being asked to retake photos, show proof of vaccinations and COVID testing results, any other registration tasks).

There is no waiting at all to get onto the ship. At least we didn't.

We cruised on 11/22 of this year. Our check in time was 12-12:30pm. We were dropped off at luggage drop off at 12:15p, they took our bags and we got into a line that was marked with our time. (There were two other lines besides ours each 30 minutes apart, one before and one time after ours. The after ours line was not allowed into the building yet, so do not arrive early.)

Before we got into our line, someone checked to make sure we were in the correct time slot. They also told us to have a copy of our covid cards, negative tests and boarding pass available.
When we got to the end of that line, the checked all three things again, and were let into the building.
Went through security. No wait.
Our next line was to go to covid testing for my unvaccinated child. That took 45 minutes from time of check in/test to results. This is the only time we "waited" for anything.
Once we were cleared, we went to the computer check in - scanned passports, verified our photos, vaccine cards and test results, credit card on file, got our wristbands.
Last stop was actually checking into the ship - they scanned our boarding passes and we were onboard.

We had no waiting. The only chairs to be found anywhere (that I remember seeing) were in with the kids PCR testing site. And there really wasn't a line. The longest line was the first - maybe 4 families in front of us - for them to check and recheck our covid cards and test results.

We cruised 12/5 on the Harmony out of Port Canaveral. They made you queue up according to your Port Arrival Time. We had the earliest time (for regular passengers). Right at 11am they opened the doors snd started letting people in. There were probably about 75-100 people in front of us. They let 10 or so in at a time. We walked right through security and then checked in and got our vaccination band. We had to wait a few minutes before they started boarding. We were on the ship by 11:30.

I too arrived at my check-in time which was noon and after checking my luggage there was no waiting to go through the check in process and board the ship. I suggest you arrive at your scheduled time to avoid having to wait. Trust me the new process works perfectly.

We had the earliest PAT 11am. They did not open the doors for until right at11.
There were different queue lines set up for each PAT time.
Once the doors opened the line moved quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter