• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how long before departure to plan on

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
We will be leaving the Tues. after Thanksgiving to return home. How long would you plan to arrive before departure with new securtiy? Not sure how Orlando runs. Our flight leaves at 5:30 p.m.

THanks

I would check with your airline. Some...maybe all now...will have a list of all airports they serve with recommended arrival times for each. If you can't find it on their site, call. We flew out of MCO in Oct. of last year and at that time 2 hours was still the recommendation. We waited at a very crowded gate for over an hour. I think 1.5 hours would be plenty of time now. We've been down since then several times and have found that more than enough but I would check with your carrier.

My DW and I just returned from MCO Sunday (11/17). We flew United out of terminal B. The lines at security were long -- they said they are always long and always VERY busy on Sundays. However, we got through security in about 5 mins. Heck, I didn't even have time to THINK about complaining about a wait!

The security there is done by federal employees (TSA). Don't be surprised when they say "Sir" or "Ma'am." They are actually quite friendly and very professional.

Be sure to take off anything metal (watches, bracelets, etc.). They will ask to x-ray any sweaters, jackets, coats. I usually take off my watch and take my wallet out. For some reason, my credit cards seem to set off the beeper (and the wands) -- maybe I have too many?!?!

Bottom line: I wouldn't worry too much. If you arrived 1 1/2 to 2 hours early you should be OK.

They organized the security at MCO very well in the last few months.
We flew in May and it was a not pleasant, in any sense. Long lines, surly security people, a general mess.
Just the opposite last month! They did a very good job.
Now Omaha USE to be fast and painless. Now THEY have the long security lines! :rolleyes: They need an imagineer to come in and organize them. ;)

I just flew continental out of MCO last Saturday at 2:15pm. I got to the airport at noon since I am always paranoid about missing a flight. It took less than 5 minutes to check in and about 5 minutes to go through security. There was a line, but everyone gets in lin and then they direct you to whichever security station has the shortest line so it goes very fast. I'dstill get there 1 1/2 to 2 hours early just to be sure, but that should be plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter