How long between visits?

Does anyone else return within the same year? Do you all think it is excessive?
DW and I spent a week at WDW in November. We are back right now for a week with DD. We plan to be back for another week in July for the DIS Unplugged 10th anniversary celebration.

So no, I don't think you're plan is excessive at all :)

I've gone at 6 month intervals recently. It hasn't been too much because I've hit different events and parties each time.

I really love reading everyone's replies to this. Another question - do you feel subsequent trips to Disney World after the first are any less magical? My trip was amazing, but I think we spent a lot of time navigating (trying to figure out where we were in the parks).

Typically twice a year. Last year did August at DL and December at WDW. This year May and October at WDW.

We live in Canada and fly down, so that really limits is due to the cost of flying. We tend to do between 7-10 days every 18 months.

I really love reading everyone's replies to this. Another question - do you feel subsequent trips to Disney World after the first are any less magical? My trip was amazing, but I think we spent a lot of time navigating (trying to figure out where we were in the parks).

We have never gone twice in same year...we live too far. My opinion, never less magical. Something new always happens...like the year of a million dreams everyone in line got special Mickey Ears, when my son was about 5 on the train the conductor made him "honorary conductor" and got to yell "all aboard," or the year a CM went WAY Out of his way for pin trading because he overheard another CM and he that the pin to complete my daughter's pin set....been there many times and I still get goose bumps when I see the castle.

I do a mini trip annually -- just four nights three days or three nights and two days -- I use frequent flyer miles and stay offsite to get nicer lodging than what I would onsite for a similar price -- I rent a car as I like the flexibility -- I do one day at a Disney park (usually the MK, but sometimes vary), one day at SeaWorld, and if it's a thee day trip vary on the third. // I do one other main vacation annually, and this one I do as a budget trip. I plan to stay at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn pool view balcony room if it's me and my 20 year old son on our next trip, and our day three will be Disney Hollywood Studios if it's the two of us. DH might come next time, and if he does we'll stay at Cabana Bay and do a one day park hopper at Universal/IOA instead of DHS so he can see the Harry Potter stuff. DS and I have done Universal/IOA and while nice wouldn't opt again on this trip unless DH comes. And I'd want early entry to HP stuff for DH if he comes too otherwise I certainly wouldn't stay at Cabana Bay. This next trip will be my first time to do a Disney tour. We are doing Keys to the Kingdom at the MK.

Because I just do a mini trip it doesn't seem too much to go annually, and I just love to go (so does DS). DH usually stays home (not a fan of theme parks, crowds, Florida) More than three days, though, with about 38 Orlando trips under my belt, I'm ready to go home. I just really for Orlando tend to prefer the quick trip, and that works well with my vacation budget and my interest in going other places too. Others like the longer big trip which is definitely better for ticket costs and cost per day, but for some reason doesn't appeal to me to this particular destination. I've done a few week long (seven night / six day trips), and lol I prefer the shorter ones.

Definitely not less magical. Just the opposite in fact. As you said, the first trip you don't really know what you're doing. As much reading and research as you may do in advance of that first trip, nothing is a better teacher than experience. Once you've been here (I'm here currently), you learn your way around, you learn the best ways to navigate from place to place, you find favorite rides, shows, attractions, and restaurants. If you come with some regularity, you may even start to meet cast members who you go back to see on subsequent trips. And as others have mentioned, Disney World is constantly changing. We were just here 8 weeks ago and there are already new things that have opened since our last visit.

The first trip is exciting in a way that no other trip can be, but the return trips become a sort of homecoming, going back to a place that you love.

Last were there Aug 2013. Been trying to get back ever since. Last year we moved and my sister got married so last year was a wash. I am hoping to get back there the last week in October so my daughter and I can hit the last Halloween party and first Christmas party.

You can see in my ticker the trips we've taken and we've stayed in all levels of the resorts. I would stay on site only unless it meant not going at all. We have loved every resort we've stayed in. As our kids have gotten older we are spending so much less time in our room that I also think after April we will begin staying in Values only, spending our money on food and other activities. We have also put ourselves on an every 3 year schedule now so we can expose our kids to other experiences. But WDW will ALWAYS be in our rotation.

Every year, it seems to increase....last year I was fortunate enough to go 6 times. This year it'll probably be 3-4, with my first trip coming in February. Usually it's just me going by myself, or with my boyfriend, or my mom. We usually can find affordable airfare, and resonance rates. And since it's usually just me, and maybe one other, it makes it more affordable. I would be at Disney more if I could. I think you should plan your next trip as soon as you want!!!

After a few trips the navigating is easy and you will start finding short cuts. There is usually more than one mode of transportation to get to parks and other resorts. There is so much more to do than just the parks, checking out all the resorts, eating at the different resorts, riding all the different transportation, going to Down Town Disney, doing some of the back lot tours, not having to go camando in the parks thinking you will miss something, you always can find new things to enjoy.

We go at least once a year (owning DVC makes it easy). We own DVC and usually get annual passes so try to time it so we are going at least once every 11 months to get the most out of the APs. We also will go down for short 2 -3 night visits throughout the year.

goodness no. i found them far more relaxing when i wasn't utterly overwhelmed and knew where i was going and how stuff worked. there's still always something new to see or do. plus, there's no longer the stress of feeling like you MUST do it all and wear yourself out in the process. there's less indecision. you know where stuff is, what's offered, and how to get there. it's so much less stress.

Our trips always feel new and magical as we stay at different resorts and we eat at some new restaurants along with our favorites. Plus we do some different things at the parks that might not have been there our last trip or for whatever reason never did before or it had been a while. Last trip we did the dinner show SOA for the first time. Next trip I want to do HDDR which I haven't been to since I was a kid.

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Dolphin a week ago and just booked a 4 night stay for march!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter