How long between visits?

If I had the money I'd go twice a year. That way I can experience wdw at different seasons. But as it is we have been twice in a little less than two years. Jan 2014 and Nov 2015. I'd like to go back in Dec of 2016, but honestly it's going to be more like 2017.

First went in 2004 and have been going back every two years since..( 2006/2008/2010/2012/2014 ) So this year will be our 7th trip..We do have a long way to come as we live in a castle in Scotland, so 14 days is a must..

We travel from Upstate NY to FL 3x/year, usually 10-14 days (I WAH). It used to always be WDW, but now we always hit Universal. We then either do DCL, Siesta Key, or WDW. I thought it was impossible but I really burnt my eldest out from WDW. He likes to stay at AKL but really only prefers the Universal parks (he's only 10 too). I do have tickets for him for August 2016 but wish there was more actual Star Wars attractions to tempt him with vs. the repackaging at DHS.

My goal is to get it down to twice a year for a little cost savings but that's my minimum or we are all moving down there!

This is our first year as DVC members and we are trying to see how many days/trips we can do on our AP. We live in NY. So far we've done September '15, December '15, have trips booked for February '16 and April '16, we are currently planning an August '16 trip as well. After that we plan to stay away in 2017 :worried: and return in 2018 :-).

We used to go at least twice a year and sometimes more when we had APs. DW and DS lost their magic but DD and I still have it. We go once a year now although we might wait two years and go in 2017. Hopefully some of the new stuff will be open.

We travel from Upstate NY to FL 3x/year, usually 10-14 days (I WAH). It used to always be WDW, but now we always hit Universal. We then either do DCL, Siesta Key, or WDW. I thought it was impossible but I really burnt my eldest out from WDW. He likes to stay at AKL but really only prefers the Universal parks (he's only 10 too). I do have tickets for him for August 2016 but wish there was more actual Star Wars attractions to tempt him with vs. the repackaging at DHS.

My goal is to get it down to twice a year for a little cost savings but that's my minimum or we are all moving down there!
We have been going to Siesta Key since 1970! My uncle has a condo there. When I was a kid we would wake up before the sun and drive to the Magic Kingdom and be there from park opening to park close and then drive back to Siesta Key. WDW & Siesta Key are my two favorite places in the whole world!!

We are in Tennessee too & our first family trip was to be our only trip, so we did club level at Contemporary, deluxe dining plan, character meals, memory maker, all out! DH was hooked before the week was over, so we said we would go every five years. We didn't make it that long---we went three years later, then two years after that. It will be three years since our last trip we we go back again. You can get a family of five in All-Star Music Suite---we took our family of three & two grandmothers on our last trip & stayed there. We liked the resort & the suite.

I usually go:
late January/early February
April (dates depend on Easter, I avoid the weeks before and after)
first week of September
sometime during Food and Wine
and occasionally in early December, cutback on this recently

DH will only come with once a year, it's been the F&W trip in the past but we may try early September this year.

We usually try and go every 2 to three years. Our trip in August will bee 3 very long years between visits. On a happy note we'll be back in 2017 early summer. And with lots and lots of luck a quick holiday trip at the end of 2016. We're upgrading our 10 day passes to APs so fingers crossed for holiday trip and maybe a weekend in spring

We've settled into about every other year, with a trip somewhere else in the off year. The shortest time span was November 2008/November 2009 and it had a bit of a "didn't we JUST do this" feel. So for us a year is too short but two years is pretty good.

We've really enjoyed our trips to other places.

This is such a hard question for me. DBF and I have been discussing it a lot lately. We used to go pretty frequently because his parents live in Orlando, so whenever we visited them we'd spend a day or two at Disney World. But now they're moving out west, so we won't have a convenient excuse to visit Disney World anymore. We're in our 20s with no kids, so I think I'd like to go at least once a year even if it's just a quick weekend getaway trip. However, now that we live farther away from WDW and his parents are also moving away, our big week-long trips to Disney will probably be spaced further apart. I figure if we do a big trip to Disney every other year, and occasionally little trips in between to get my Disney fix, I'm okay with that. It really depends on what you can afford and how high a priority it is for you; I would have loved to be one of those families that went to Disney World every single year, but that isn't what everyone else in my family wanted.

It's never too soon to go back to Disney! My old bosses go about 5 times a year, but that have a DVC and some of their trips are long weekends. When I was younger my family would go about every 2 years, but we always flew because we live 16 hours away. Then I had a 9 year break (silly high school and college) and I've been twice within 16 months. There's always something to do there, an 11 month break isn't excessive at all.

We are now on a five year plan... There are so many other places to go and things to do. We now really love cruising. Besides... it takes that long to build much new anyway???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter