How long can I stay on board on debarkation morning?

These are great ideas, all. I'll do some researching and see what we want to do. I'd forgotten about the day rooms. Can you rent cars at the port? I just thought...if I could, it'd totally be worth it because it'd the pp price of the bus...could put it toward the car.

I'm not sure why people think renting a car at the port is such a hassle, I have done it twice and both times walked right off the boat and on to a shuttle and we were back in Orlando by 9:30. We are once again renting a car in May which will cost us $26 on the way to the port and $49 on the way back to MCO. There are 4 of us so it would cost us $300 using the bus. The 2 people we are traveling with fly out around noon after getting off the boat so my daughter and I can drop them off and then have the car to do whatever we want until we fly out around 5:30. I'm pretty sure we will have no problem finding something to pass the time that day.

So will we be able to check our bags on the ship for our flight or since it is later in the day we will have to take it ourselves? Since we are on a Disney transfer I just figured they would still take care of them. I think that will be the deciding factor if we get a dayroom at the Hyatt or not. Not sure we want to wander around with all of our belongings for that long of a period. And actually we have stayed at the Hyatt previously and will again the night before our trip so I love it there but want to make sure it is worth the money for the dayroom.

So will we be able to check our bags on the ship for our flight or since it is later in the day we will have to take it ourselves? Since we are on a Disney transfer I just figured they would still take care of them. I think that will be the deciding factor if we get a dayroom at the Hyatt or not. Not sure we want to wander around with all of our belongings for that long of a period. And actually we have stayed at the Hyatt previously and will again the night before our trip so I love it there but want to make sure it is worth the money for the dayroom.

It depends on whether your airline is participating in onboard check-in. If it's Southwest, you'll have to schlep your own luggage.

I wouldn't visit DTD right now. There's some massive reconstruction going on there (due to be completed 2016) and the place is a mess, from what I understand. Can't park close, narrow pathways to get around the area.

We were at Downtown Disney in early December on a weekday and parked in the newly constructed parking garage front row behind the Bowling Alley. You could have tossed a rock from our car to the back of the building. As far as narrow walkways we did see construction but there was plenty of room to walk around. Many people are just sick of all of the construction, so they speak negatively about it. If you really want to go, don't be dissuaded. Just get there early and preferably on a weekday.

I was just there the other night. And, I have been there quite often during the construction process. If you are going during the day, you will be able to park in the parking garage or in the back. I HIGHLY recommend parking in the back. You just go down to the stoplight for Typhoon Lagoon and turn towards DTD. We parked there Friday night, and it was MUCH easier than the parking garage. You can take a boat to the Marketplace or walk to Pleasure Island. The entrance from the back goes towards DQ and Cirque.

However, if we hadn't gotten there early like we did, it could have be a nightmare. It was a nightmare a few weeks ago when we parked in the garage and had to walk everywhere through the crowds. And, it was a Thursday night. The boats are not travelling to Pleasure Island which makes the walk a lot longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter