• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did it take to deliver your Safe Passage antigen test?

Hegemon

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We sail this Saturday (the 25th) and ordered the at-home antigen tests from Safe Passage on 16 June but they still haven't arrived. Our testing appointment is the day after tomorrow; should I be concerned that they won't arrive? Thanks!

I ordered ours early for our trip in July. They came in 3 days. I ordered directly through the Royal Caribbean site. Don’t they have info to track them?

I read an article on an airline forum that you can use your own antigen tests for the proctored tests. Even the ones you get free from the government. There are even companies that ONLY sell the proctor part so you can pay less and use your own test. In a pinch, if you have any other antigen test, I am pretty sure you can use them.

Found the article:
Use your own Covid Tests

Companies that just sell the proctored part are iHealth, MyLabsDirect, OnPoint Testing and Total Testing Solutions. The article was about getting tested before returning to the US which is no longer necessary - but am sure the same would work for Disney. I'm going to try it for my cruise in December. The "proctor" part only is less than $25 but you do have to make an appointment.

Last edited:
Thanks all! It looks like they didn't send them at all (even though it shows as "ordered") so I sent them an email asking for guidance on how to move forward. Wish us luck! :)

I read an article on an airline forum that you can use your own antigen tests for the proctored tests. Even the ones you get free from the government. There are even companies that ONLY sell the proctor part so you can pay less and use your own test. In a pinch, if you have any other antigen test, I am pretty sure you can use them.

Found the article:
Use your own Covid Tests

Companies that just sell the proctored part are iHealth, MyLabsDirect, OnPoint Testing and Total Testing Solutions. The article was about getting tested before returning to the US which is no longer necessary - but am sure the same would work for Disney. I'm going to try it for my cruise in December. The "proctor" part only is less than $25 but you do have to make an appointment.
This is great info - thanks! I was not aware you could purchase the proctoring service separately. We'll be at the parks 3 days before our Wish cruise and do NOT want to spend the time or money finding transportation, etc to a CVS or Walgreens to get a test done 2 days prior to sailing so were hoping to use a proctored test at the hotel. This option would make it even more cost effective since we could bring tests we already have to use. Have you seen confirmation anywhere that DCL will accept using a separate service like this with your own rapid antigen test? Has anyone used this to meet the recent sailing requirements?

In case you haven't seen it, this process is discussed at length on this thread:

OnPoint Covid Testing

Sounds like it would work fine? I am not sailing until December and fingers crossed it's no longer an issue. It IS very stressful, not to mention can be very expensive. There's also the option to test at the MCO Orlando airport but not sure how much longer they will be in business? So glad the US stopped the requirement to test before you fly into the country.

Here's the link for Airport Testing. No prices listed. Everything seems to be "dynamic" pricing. Annoying!

Covid Tests at the Orlando Airport

Hi everyone! We sail this Saturday (the 25th) and ordered the at-home antigen tests from Safe Passage on 16 June but they still haven't arrived. Our testing appointment is the day after tomorrow; should I be concerned that they won't arrive? Thanks!
Were appointments available 24/7? Were they difficult to get? ie slim pickins for test appointment times from Inspire?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter