• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did or will it take you to complete your Bachelors?

CrazyChristie416

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I was just wondering how long did it or will it take you to complete your Bachelors degree?

Im finishing up my 4th year of college (at my 4th school, long story) and I have at least another 2 years to go because of the strict requirements of my program. It doesn't help that I am double majoring either.

Someone Pleae tell me Im not the only one! :confused3 Credit wise Im done, I just wish I had a degree to go along with it. I do have an associates degree, but I got a whiles to go before I finish my 2 bachelors degrees.

Crystal ::MinnieMo

Not counting the semester I did the WDWCP, 4 and a half years for two, almost three degrees. Counting it, 5 years. (And if something awful happens and I don't actually graduate this semester...probably never, because I will end up in the nuthouse.)

I started school in Fall 2001, I've been in school for 4 years now and am about a year from my Bachelors. I am taking summer courses to get ahead, and if I get accepted to the CP I will be taking online courses to keep up my course schedule. I transferred schools and the only credits that transferred were my Freshman Comp credits.

So don't worry you'll get there!

I transferred schools once and changed majors once, but somehow I managed to stay on track, so I'll be graduating in May. I'm still amazed. :flower:

I started at NMU in Fall 2001. And after changing my major several times, I'll graduate in May 2006. Yahoo.

Lol Don't worry your not the only one! I think I read somewhere that it's taking on average 4 1/2 years for people to finish now a days.

Okay lets see, I'm "sort of" finishing up my 5th year of school and am about 2 years away from graduating. I've transferred once which caused a half year delay and was extremely ill for about 2 years so I missed a year and a half of classes. So all together this is my 5th year but as far as actually having been enrolled this is only my 3rd year. My poor husband has to put up with my studying constantly too! lol I swear he's a saint! I have to admit I feel horrible that our wedding had been planned in anticipation of me being graduated by then and that didn't work out quite like that! :confused3

Basically I'm a double major and I swear I get disheartened a lot! I mean how many people work thier buts off, get a 4.0 in college, only to get sick and not be able to continue for so long!? lol

Honestly has anyone here switched majors after this long? I'm thinking of saying forget the biology/chemistry with pre-med emphasis and just get an associates of nursing! I'll have enough biology classes to get a bachelors of nursing then with only a few more courses after that. *ponders the possibilities*

Speaking of majors what is everyone going into? And why did you chose it? I'm basically considering anything in the medical field b/c of past experiences during my teens (I knew a lot of people who died from accidents and was present for some. Witnessing things like that changes a person), plus I'm naturally good at sciences but ruddy awful at math. I get As in math classes but I swear it takes me 4 times as long to just "get' the simple concepts in math as it does for me to memorize the hardest ones in biology. :rotfl:

I met my husband his freshman year of college, and he just graduated in December...Six years later! I was so used to only seeing him 2 hours a day I thought we'd end up divorced if I had to see him any longer than that! (JK) That was only for one degree at one school, after having taken some communtiy college classes a year or so earlier, so don't feel bad, you're definately not the only one!

ryan840 said:
I met my husband his freshman year of college, and he just graduated in December...Six years later! I was so used to only seeing him 2 hours a day I thought we'd end up divorced if I had to see him any longer than that! (JK) That was only for one degree at one school, after having taken some communtiy college classes a year or so earlier, so don't feel bad, you're definately not the only one!

Aw thanks! And LOL at the "I'd thought we'd end up divorced if I had to see him any longer than that!" part! My husband keeps joking about what I must be like when I don't have chemical formulas flitting through my head 24/7! (I tend to be quieter when I am thinking about coursework lol and I'm not quiet to begin with!) Oh that poor man..Just think of how much I'll talk once I dont have anything of importance to think about. ;)

Graduate with a Bachelors??? Whats that! I have been attending Eastern Michigan University for 5.5 years now. That after transfering from a Community College after receiving 2 Associates Degrees and 1 certificate in C.A.D.

I have been a Super Senior at EMU for almost all of my 5 years. They lied about an agreement I had when I transfered (saying there was no such thing and all the paperwork for it was "lost" by my advisor). I have only 3 more classes left and then I can walk out the door and never look back at the stinking college again.

I may be adding 2 more trimesters so I can double major in History and Lit as I talked to my advisor today and I'm 6 courses from a double major! So that would make 5 1/2 years

I started college in September of 2002 and will be graduating May of 2006. I have a major and a minor and will be graduating in 4 years even though I know a lot of people can't do it in 4 years, so don't feel bad. I can do it in 4 years basically because I knew my major once I started going to school and I started taking the classes I needed in spring of my freshman year.

I started college in Fall 2000 it is now Spring 2005 and I won't graduate untill Spring 2007. Ick! I thought it was going to be 2006, but I just talked to my advisor and it turns out *surprise* that I will have yet another year added on. In my defense I did take a year off, but still, sometimes I do dispair of ever graduating. Maybe I'll just go quietly nuts instead.

I graduated high school in May of 2000 and I will finish college *crossing fingers* in December of 2005. So, 5 1/2 years! Ack! I did take a year off though. :rolleyes1

It will be five years for me when I finish up in May. I transfered, switched majors, and did a year of night classes (2 classes per semester instead of four), so it's a miracle that I've even made it this far!! I have some SERIOUS senioritis now though, only 48 more days until graduation!! :cool1:

I now have under a year left! YAY! I wish I could allow myself to have senioritis, but I have to study extra hard, get an internship, take my GRE's and apply for grad school. I have to maintain a 3.8 to get the internship I want (I have a 3.89 right now) so I will be major stressing through at least the next year!

Congrats to all those graduating this year!

I think I will complete my bachelor's in about 4 years, but one semester early. I am considering doing the WDW CP right after I graduate, starting in Spring 2007......but we'll see....

It took me 5 years, which included the semester I did my CP. I switched my major from voice to business my sophomore year, so that's why I had the extra semester and a couple of summers.

I am a hugely time-oriented person... when I started university I wanted to be finished in 4 years AT THE MOST. But after switching majors 3 times, and then deciding that there is more to life than just studying and getting a degree in the shortest time possible, I've decided to finish my last 4 semesters whenever I can do it! Considering that I'm going on an exchange to Australia next year, and then I still want to go back to live in Africa for a few months... I'm thinking, late 2007? hahaha oh dear.... will I ever graduate?

Well, you don't want to know.

I'm an old lady that started college in 1988. I took a LONG time off (almost 13 years) and am graduating with an associates in May. My bachelors will not be the long and painful route (I am quitting my full time job with benefits to finish school)

My sister got her bachelor while in the military. It took 13 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter