How long did you wait for Mears Connect upon arriving to the airport?

austinalexander

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I’m traveling from 8/27-9/2 and have Mears booked to the Poly. We are staying overnight at the Hyatt and are wanting to leave around 7 AM, hoping to get to the poly early so we can ensure we get our room request or pick an alternative room (really hoping for king bed at Rarotonga to avoid construction). The thing is, we aren’t really going to utilize a rental car all that much and it’s $380 compared to $68 for Mears.

I have seen horror stories of people saying they’ve waited over an hour for a bus to arrive and hit the road to the resort. For people who have rode, how long did it take to hit the road once scanning in for your reservation? Thank you.

We just used Mears to the Poly for our trip in early May. We didn't stay overnight but went right to Mears after getting our luggage and we actually walked right onto a bus, no wait in a line inside. We landed around 10:30AM and probably got there around 11ish. We did sit on the bus for about 10 minutes or so waiting for other passengers. The part that took the longest probably was that we were the 5th out of 6 stops. I believe it went from Old Key West, to Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness (I think), Grand Floridian, Poly, and then Contemporary. But the stops weren't too long so I would say we were at Poly maybe 40-45 minutes after leaving MCO. I enjoyed our experience overall with Mears and would use them again. Good luck with your experience and have a great trip.

We just used Mears to the Poly for our trip in early May. We didn't stay overnight but went right to Mears after getting our luggage and we actually walked right onto a bus, no wait in a line inside. We landed around 10:30AM and probably got there around 11ish. We did sit on the bus for about 10 minutes or so waiting for other passengers. The part that took the longest probably was that we were the 5th out of 6 stops. I believe it went from Old Key West, to Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness (I think), Grand Floridian, Poly, and then Contemporary. But the stops weren't too long so I would say we were at Poly maybe 40-45 minutes after leaving MCO. I enjoyed our experience overall with Mears and would use them again. Good luck with your experience and have a great trip.
Good to know thank you. I am curious to see how many people share the same experience as you.

If you are willing to pay a little more, but still less than the rental car, I have had REALLY good luck with Lyft to and from the airport. NOT UBER, just LYFT..

I usually order the SUV for between 60 and 80 dollars each way....

I think the normal care is in the 40 to 50 dollar range....

I have used Mears Connect many times and have always had the same experience as with DME—no more than a few minutes wait, if any, to board the bus and then again, a few minutes at most before departure. I always stay at OKW or SSR so always the 1st or 2nd stop. No complaints!

Hello everyone,

I’m traveling from 8/27-9/2 and have Mears booked to the Poly. We are staying overnight at the Hyatt and are wanting to leave around 7 AM, hoping to get to the poly early so we can ensure we get our room request or pick an alternative room (really hoping for king bed at Rarotonga to avoid construction). The thing is, we aren’t really going to utilize a rental car all that much and it’s $380 compared to $68 for Mears.

I have seen horror stories of people saying they’ve waited over an hour for a bus to arrive and hit the road to the resort. For people who have rode, how long did it take to hit the road once scanning in for your reservation? Thank you.
Average for me is 90 minutes from landing to Disney resort, and that includes baggage claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter