How long did your daughter use a twin bed?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
How long did your daughter sleep in a twin sized bed? From what ages? Did they ever upgrade to a full or remain in a twin until college-aged?

Thanks!

How long did your daughter sleep in a twin sized bed? From what ages? Did they ever upgrade to a full or remain in a twin until college-aged?

Thanks!

I bought both my dds a double bed when they were 12 and 13.

Ds, who is 6'5 and off to college in the fall, still sleeps in a twin (and his college has them, not the XL :rotfl2:).

my kids are only 12 and 10 and are still in twins. I was in a twin bed all the way thru my sophomore year in college when I inherited a double. I don't expect my dd10 to have anything other than a twin while at home. granted, she takes after me height wise (I'm 5'2"). not sure about my sons, they are on the smaller size too so far so at least for now they are all set.

the way I see it, dorm beds are usually twins, although longer ones. not sure a larger bed is necessary.

I didn't get a full-size bed until I moved in with my then boyfriend. Haha

If it means anything, the dorm beds are twin sized.

Bassinett to crib to twin to out on their own. Never even occurred to me they would get something bigger. The one thing I never heard I did wrong from either of them was I didn't upgrade their bed. :rotfl:

One side of Dd's crib converted to headboard for a full size bed so as soon as she was out of the toddler bed she was in a full size bed.

I have boys and they went to full beds from the crib.

I had a twin until I moved out of my parents house.

My boys (both teens) have twins and we have no plans on replacing them any time soon.

Both boys took their twin beds to their first off campus apartments and THEN we replaced them with doubles!:goodvibes

They have comfy beds to come visit and twin beds that can be given away when they're done with them.

Thanks!

DD21 slept in a twin bunk bed until last January when she transferred to a new college and moved into a house about 2 hours away. We got her a new full-size bed as a house-warming gift.

We are looking for a XL twin for our son for his first college apt.

He goes to CU Boulder which actually does have XL twins in all their dorm rooms. They are the same length (80") as a queen, but only as wide as a standard (39") as a normal twin.

A double or full bed is the same length as a standard twin which is 75". So for those taller teens, getting a double/full bed isn't much of an improvement.

My kids went from cribs to Queen sized beds. It works out great when we have visiting relatives who need to stay over. :thumbsup2

Thank you! My DH and I were just talking about long term needs for our DD and our DD on the way. Current DD will be transitioning from her crib to a toddler bed in the next 6 months, but her crib is convertible to eventually a full sized bed. We have a full sized mattress stored in our basement waiting for her.

Crib shopping for DD to be & trying to figure out if we should go with another convertible crib, or just a regular crib to eventually transition to a twin or full. I"m thinking stick with another convertible, so one DD doesn't get jealous that the other has a bigger bed when they are older lol ;)

This is timely, we just started talking about switching our twins. They're 2 1/2 and still in cribs, we're thinking of converting them into full beds soon.

Thank you! My DH and I were just talking about long term needs for our DD and our DD on the way. Current DD will be transitioning from her crib to a toddler bed in the next 6 months, but her crib is convertible to eventually a full sized bed. We have a full sized mattress stored in our basement waiting for her.

Crib shopping for DD to be & trying to figure out if we should go with another convertible crib, or just a regular crib to eventually transition to a twin or full. I"m thinking stick with another convertible, so one DD doesn't get jealous that the other has a bigger bed when they are older lol ;)

Do you have a completely finished basement ? Maybe I am being paranoid here but long time storage for a mattress would have me rethinking that plan.

I slept in a twin bed until I got married. My daughter will have a twin bed until she moves out and buys a bigger bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter