How long do you spend in AK?

We usually spend 5-6 hours at AK, which is plenty for us. My favorite thing about AK is the Tuskerhouse character breakfast. That said, knowing we will very likely be making more trips to WDW, getting through everything at AK is not a top priority for us. Our upcoming trip I have...4 hours (tops) dedicated to the park. We plan on seeing the parade, hitting Dinosaur, ITTBAB, and Nemo if there is time. Honestly, I could skip it since we are not eating there, but my DH loves it.

we plan ak for a full day and more often then not on our float day we swing back and catch the show that we missed (lion king or nemo we find it hard to hit bothe shows in the same day) and we also hit the safari again on the second trip if needed

I usually do a day / day and a half. I skip the safari ride, Nemo, Primevil Whirl every single time. Also the Rafiki petting zoo thing.

It's so pretty. I spend a lot of time just stopping and looking around.

But to do most of the stuff, a day is good.

AK is my favorite park, hands down. a big part of what I like about WDW is the theming and it is done so well and is such detail here! I can spend half an hour just looking at the carvings on the ruined walls near the tigers. I like to spend at least half an hour and have spent more on the secret trail close to the Tree of LIfe to see all the carvings there close up. Saw the kangaroos for the first time last trip while doing that. I ride Safari at least three times each time I go. and when I take my dgd4 she likes to spend an hour or more at the Boneyard - one of the best parts of her trip to WDW! I like breakfast at Tusker House, love the Flights of Wonder Show and Lion King when my dgd is with me. I go on EE a couple of times and dinasaur and primeval whirl, walk the trails, saw a hippo really close up last time, browse the shops which I think are the best in WDW. I like ITTBB. I like to catch the performers and play on the drums and go on the wet ride - with a poncho! One of my favorite things is to sit at the Dawa Bar (and I am not a bar person usually) have an Amber and watch the drummers/dancers get the crowd performing. For me this is a two day park...

I'm planning on spending 2 days at AK when we go in December. Do you think that's too much time?

DS will be close to 3 when we go, I'm not sure if he will have the attention span to sit through shows, and he won't be able to get on most of the rides. At the moment, he loves animals, that's why I'm planning on 2 days at AK. And we'll be staying at AKL for the last 2 nights of our trip for the same reason.

We love AK and ride Kilimanjaro 3-4 times each time we visit AK.
When the weather is hot, we do the same with Kali - and get drenched :goodvibes

So, we spend 1 entire day and another half day there. ;)

Last time we visited, my kids were 11 and 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter