How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

hmmmm... what is afoot! Perhaps rehabbing, or has BWK been rehabbed recently? Maybe they want more inventory for cash reservations?

hmmmm... what is afoot! Perhaps rehabbing, or has BWK been rehabbed recently? Maybe they want more inventory for cash reservations?

BWV was rehabbed just a few years ago, so no rehab in the pipeline. My cynical brain definitely thinks that DVD could have set up these classic resorts wait lists as a kind of standby line. They'd rather sell a couple BWV contracts at $130 per point, then a wait-listed one. Then a couple of more full-priced contracts, then a wait-listed one. Kind of like the ratio between the FP line and the standby line.

A better question than how many people are in front of you may be how many points are. My number hasn't moved all that much but the number of points have,

Its amazing to me that I started the resale process at the beginning of March (1st contract sent to ROFR) and now 3rd contract later (1st 2 taken) we passed :worship: fully loaded BWV contract (20.00PP more then the 1st contract :crazy2:) but I was tired of Disney taking them and now we should close next week!:cool1: after renting out 2012 points we will be at the 65.00 price point we were looking to buy at! Who said direct was quicker ;)
Good luck to all who are waiting.

BWV was rehabbed just a few years ago, so no rehab in the pipeline. My cynical brain definitely thinks that DVD could have set up these classic resorts wait lists as a kind of standby line. They'd rather sell a couple BWV contracts at $130 per point, then a wait-listed one. Then a couple of more full-priced contracts, then a wait-listed one. Kind of like the ratio between the FP line and the standby line.

I was sort of thinking the same thing but I took it even further. Isn't there an expiration for some wait list people as to how long the $115 price is good for. I wouldn't be surprised if DVD lets those wait list requests expire just so they can sell those points for $130. The "guides" talk about the wait list as if it were linear, but something tells me that it isn't.

I just picked up a 150 pt Oct UY BWV resale contract.. might be something to look at if you don't mind going that route

I just picked up a 150 pt Oct UY BWV resale contract.. might be something to look at if you don't mind going that route

Our first BWV contract was a resale contract, so I have no problem going that route, but we only want 25 points. I've been watching the resale sites for the last 4 months and haven't seen a single 25 pt Oct UY BWV contract become available. There was a 50 pt contract up for sale yesterday but they were asking $90 a pt and it was a stripped contract with no pts until Oct. 2014. Maybe if it was a loaded contract we may have considered it but we really only want 25 pts.

Our first BWV contract was a resale contract, so I have no problem going that route, but we only want 25 points. I've been watching the resale sites for the last 4 months and haven't seen a single 25 pt Oct UY BWV contract become available. There was a 50 pt contract up for sale yesterday but they were asking $90 a pt and it was a stripped contract with no pts until Oct. 2014. Maybe if it was a loaded contract we may have considered it but we really only want 25 pts.

Good luck it will happen you just need to be patient - not easy for me! I agree 50 point stripped contract at 90.00 is not worth going resale for many reason. Hang in there!

the price he was quoted was $158, which he said, after I asked him, includes a $7 incentive for purchases over 50 points.

I really wonder DVC feels the need to offer incentives at a resort where they have wait lists of up to one year.

I am guessing DVC is trying to get the purchases up in value-- a bunch of 25 pt purchases takes a lot more administration than a few 100 pters. Economy of scale and all--so if they offer a small incentive, it may push their purchasers into higher point purchases--less administration, more efficient transactions for the same overarching amount of points for sale = higher profits for the mouse since the supply is not changing.

I have been on the waitlist for 50 BWV points with Feb use year since March 19. Got the call last night that our points have arrived!

We were on a waitlist for 150 OKW points since March. They came through at the end of June and we just paid for them today. :scared1:

I thought they take the money right out of your acct when they come through. we are still waiting so I guess I am a little curious on how it works when they call and say the points came through

I thought they take the money right out of your acct when they come through. we are still waiting so I guess I am a little curious on how it works when they call and say the points came through

Here's how it worked for us:

We got on the waiting list in March while on the Wonder. We didn't put any money down at that time, but did give them a credit card number.

DVC called June 24th to let us know our points were available. At that time they charged a 10% deposit and the closing costs.

We got our paperwork via FedEx approximately one week later.

We procrastinated so just today we called with our credit card number which they will charge on Monday for our $13,500 we still owe.

We finished signing our paperwork a few minutes ago and will drop off the FedEx envelope later this week.

Our points have been in our account since the end of June. We were able to bank them.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. Now I know what to expect when we get our points. hopefully it will be soon

I am getting discouraged :(. I have been on the wait list for 100 SSR points for weeks now and the only time I ever hear from my Guide is when I call him. He did not make it sound like I was going to be waiting forever for the points. When this journey started he said it would only be a couple weeks and I would have the points.

I will give it couple more weeks then I am going to have to do something else i.e.........resale or cave and buy AKV. I promised my daughter she could use points in November when she and her husband get back from their Disney cruise.

Two years ago we were going to buy in at VWL and the points were $100 per point, and they were available, but my daughter was getting married so we backed out.........how dumb do I feel now? :blush:

I'm officially on the wait list today for 100 points in a June UY for VWL. My guide said it could be anywhere from a month to a few months. I'm excited! :)

Bumping because I am curious if any of you waitlisters have gotten your contracts...wondering if there will be a mad rush of ROFRs this month to clear the waitlisters within 6 months from march or if they will let them roll over to the higher rate...

Bumping because I am curious if any of you waitlisters have gotten your contracts...wondering if there will be a mad rush of ROFRs this month to clear the waitlisters within 6 months from march or if they will let them roll over to the higher rate...

I'm wondering this too. I'm on the wait list for VGC. I'm looking for 150 points and I will take any use year and any increment to get to 150 over time but nothing yet and I've been on the list since March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter