How long does a typical meal take?

pryncess527

DIS Veteran
My group is heavy on foodies and we likely won’t rush any dining experiences if we don’t have to. For our sit down reservations, is planning 90-120 minutes sufficient?

75 minutes unrealistic given staffing shortages and slow service?

90-120 will definitely be sufficient! I think it depends on the restaurant how long it will take. Buffet meals take much less times. Signature dining restaurants tend to take longer. 75 minutes will be reasonable for some, others will take longer!

Other than high end meals like California Grill we have never had a meal take longer than 60 minutes once seated. If popular giving it 90 minutes in case you have to wait is good. I think their goal is to turn the table within an hour.

Multiple people have mentioned "once seated". Even if you arrive & check-in on time for your ADR, you might have a long wait before you are seated. It varies significantly by time, day, restaurant, etc. Last month, we had a very annoyingly long wait to be seated for dinner at Skipper Canteen; it was over 30 minutes after our check-in/reservation time, and even once the MDE app told us that our table was ready, it was another 5-10 minutes until we were seated. We had more reasonable waits to be seated for our other ADRs last month.

90 minutes ought to be plenty of time to plan for even if you have to wait to be seated.

Multiple people have mentioned "once seated". Even if you arrive & check-in on time for your ADR, you might have a long wait before you are seated. It varies significantly by time, day, restaurant, etc. Last month, we had a very annoyingly long wait to be seated for dinner at Skipper Canteen; it was over 30 minutes after our check-in/reservation time, and even once the MDE app told us that our table was ready, it was another 5-10 minutes until we were seated. We had more reasonable waits to be seated for our other ADRs last month.

90 minutes ought to be plenty of time to plan for even if you have to wait to be seated.
Thank you!!

I’m entering everything into Touring Plans so I think allowing 90 mins per meal should work.

I’ll be flexible day-of, I expect nothing to go as planned at Christmas 😂. But I didn’t want to start with an unrealistic plan

Multiple people have mentioned "once seated". Even if you arrive & check-in on time for your ADR, you might have a long wait before you are seated.

Hopefully it won't be too bad, but be prepared for this ^^^^^
I've been very surprised a few times at the wait time to be seated, after rushing to get to an ADR on time.

Last year the meal that took us 90 mins took 120 mins this year. Signature dining takes even more: Space220 was 2.5 hours great appetizers desserts mediocre entree. CRT was 2 with desserts to go (would have been 2.5, Cinderella didn’t come and wave after 9 pm, food was Topolinos level).

Last year the meal that took us 90 mins took 120 mins this year. Signature dining takes even more: Space220 was 2.5 hours great appetizers desserts mediocre entree. CRT was 2 with desserts to go (would have been 2.5, Cinderella didn’t come and wave after 9 pm, food was Topolinos level).
I think most or all of my ADRs are considered Signature dining? (Though a few are at hotels, that may help?)

Boma, Tiffins, Jiko, Sanaa, CRT, LTT, BOG, Jungle Navigation, Le Cellier, Space 220 Lounge, Ogas Cantina, Sci Fi, Hollywood Brown Derby.

(Yes, we may spend more time dining than riding rides over the course of 10 days, lol. I’m traveling with foodies 😂)

I think most or all of my ADRs are considered Signature dining? (Though a few are at hotels, that may help?)

Boma, Tiffins, Jiko, Sanaa, CRT, LTT, BOG, Jungle Navigation, Le Cellier, Space 220 Lounge, Ogas Cantina, Sci Fi, Hollywood Brown Derby.

(Yes, we may spend more time dining than riding rides over the course of 10 days, lol. I’m traveling with foodies 😂)
I think the secret is out that ADRs are where you actually still can feel the Disney Magic.

Tiffins, CRT, Space220 were very long dining experiences. We haven’t recently been to HBD (had a bad experience with a steak served bloody/red when we ordered medium well). We are hoping to try it again with a Fantasmic package. We opt for Topolinos when at HS most of the time (2020 was excellent, 2021 had chewy steaks and 2022 we skipped due to Genie+ second HS day, first day there were too many conflicts and GET was antsy).

Topolinos (breakfast and dinner) and CRT went above and beyond for allergy accommodations (milk, eggs, seeds, nuts).

It really depends where you dine.
Signature restaurants, for us are usually 90-120 minutes. We don't rush and enjoy our meal.
QS probably 30 minutes once we get our food. Sit down noon meals are generally 45-60 minutes at most.

During Christmas-New Years QS can have waits up to 2 hours btw (per reports). I knew places like Woody’s lunchbox have 2 hour waits even off season.

It takes us usually 40 mins-1 hr to order at QS because we have to talk to a chef (food allergies).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter