• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does it take at a sit down restaurant?

You don't say when you are going -- if it is a busy (holiday) time, please bear in mind that you may be seated 30+ minutes after your "reservation." You also don't say if it's a character meal so I'll assume that it's not (but for those you may end up waiting for the characters to come around to you). We generally allow 2 hours for table service meals to account for wait times (and the signature dining restaurants DO usually take two-plus hours if you have drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desert).

For us it's usually about 1.5 hours, but a little less for buffets. It depends in part on what you order. We spent well over 2 hours at 'Ohana last trip, but we could have gotten out quicker if we had wanted.

For us it's usually about 1.5 hours, but a little less for buffets. It depends in part on what you order. We spent well over 2 hours at 'Ohana last trip, but we could have gotten out quicker if we had wanted.

I just got back. We did Chef Mickeys, Cystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Princess Breakfast and Coral Reef. On average it was about 1.5 hours. Chef Mickey's took a bit longer as we waited for Pluto (all of the rest of the characters arrived fairly quickly). 1900 Park Fare was a little less as all the character came by within about 15 min of us being seated.

Duketennisgal,
Where did you find your "You are most like..." picture? I would like to see the others.
Thanks!
(or, if anyone else knows where to find one...)

Mama Melrose's took us about 40 mins to get seated last week. We arrived 15 mins before our seating, but didn't get seating til about 25 mins after our ressie. Dinner itself only took about 40 mins. But of course if you know what you want to eat, and order when your server stops by to take drink orders you can cut some time off of your meal. Then again our meal at Boma we were seated on time, and took 2 hours to eat. Gosh those zebra domes are good. ; )

On our last trip we found that, even with ADRs, we had to wait most times to get seated. I remember specifically that at Le Cellier and Crystal Palace we had to wait almost an hour after giving our name. The only place we didn't have a wait was at the restaurant in France in Epcot, because our ADR was right when they opened. Add to that the time it takes to place your order, eat your food, then wait for the bill ... and it's a good 1.5 to 2 hours more.

The number of members in your party can make a difference. It is only DH and I and we only order an appetizer or dessert never both and generally don't linger for too long over things. Most of the time a table service only takes us an hour. The longest wait we have had is 15 minutes- normally we are seated with 5 minutes of arriving. I generally make our reservations for the first hour a restraunt is open (for lunch) or at an off hour 1:45-3, so that make make a difference on that.

We have never stay more then say a hour maybe hour 15 minutes under the longest times. But thats just us I can imagin it can gett busyer.

We go during the slower seasons with a party of 2 adults and three children, sometimes Grandma comes so then it'd be three adults and three children....For characters it's usually around 1.5 hours, for regular table service I'd say about an hour. Of course, depends on season, if you're dining at peak times, etc. You should have a pretty good idea for what to allow from the answers you've recieved here.

Thanks guys for all the responses! We are going during the first week of May, so hopefully it wont be too crowded. Also, it is just me and DH so maybe that will help as well.

Thanks again!:goodvibes

Thanks guys for all the responses! We are going during the first week of May, so hopefully it wont be too crowded. Also, it is just me and DH so maybe that will help as well.

Thanks again!:goodvibes

Two will be a big help,much easer to sit. Its just me and my DS so we never had a problem have fun:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter