How long does it take to drive from Disney

mthds

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is wrong forum as the topic will fit in several. Anyway, We will have our own car. How long does it take to drive from All start Sports resort at Disney to Universal. Not miles but in time considering the traffic, getting parked, and walking to the entrance. wish to arrive at front entrance at the big globe by 8:00 a.m. Meeting up with a group and don't want to be late so plan on arriving early. Google Maps says 15 miles and 25 minutes but not sure how accurate it its with calculating traffic into the time aspect.

Is leaving at 7 early enough or should we allow more time? It will the Wednesday before Thanksgiving if that makes a difference with traffic.

It's pretty hard to estimate since traffic has such an impact (I think last time we went (about a month ago)), it probably took almost 15 minutes just to get into the parking at US! (no idea why but the lane we picked was SUPER slow).

Well... Considering I'm the type that typically likes to arrive before my estimated time I want to be there (so if I tell myself 8, I try to aim for before that), the fact that it is the day before Thanksgiving, you have to travel, then get in line to pay for parking, park, go through security, then walk to the parks. If you want to ensure you'd definitely be on time and do not want to rush, I'd start at 6:30.

Even if you arrive very early, better to be early, than late. As when people start getting on the road at a certain time that just increases traffic. I have a feeling the time you're thinking about going would be about the time most people would start getting on the road. Wednesday is not only going to be busy for the parks, but everyone in Orlando is still going to work since it's a work day. Also, the day before Thanksgiving is considered one of the busiest days for traveling.

I-4 can get really backed up. I was staying near Disney Springs and Google maps took me up Palm Parkway and Turkey Lake Road, but that does not look practical for you. Uber is an interesting thought.

Thanks for all the info I will probably leave early. Actually don’t meet my party until 9 so shooting for 8 arrival. Will probably leave at 6:30 just to be safe. Isn’t there a Starbucks in city walk? What time does it open if I’m super early ?

You are only about 15-20 min from universal and with you leaving that early in the morning, traffic will not be an issue at all. There also wont be any waiting or lines getting in universal at that time. I'd say u will be parked and walking into city walk in 30min. If you leave 1 hr early you will be there with plenty of time to spare.

We've taken nothing but Uber in Universal/Disney our last 3 trips. Will probably be about a $20 ride and will make things way more convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter