How long does it take to eat EMM breakfast?

whiporee

DIS Veteran
We're doing EMM in July, and are wondering how long the average breakfast takes? I know it's buffet, but are most people getting out in a half hour, or is it a lot longer? or shorter?

Any EMM advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Im not sure about EMM however based on my buffet experiences I would say to plan around an hour of time for a buffet (could be more or less depending on apatite and restaurant). Typically my family books the last slot for breakfast so we can have the meal go into lunch and eat some lunch as well. This is a great way to save some money!

I have booked EMM for August and plan to spend 30-40 minutes eating breakfast then hop to HS. DD has strict diet restrictions: gluten free, lactose free, and egg free. She needs a lunch for sure, so we are not planning to have a long breakfast.

I never experienced EMM but I have booked for my Sept trip. I am planning around 30-40 minutes. I luv to hear responses from those who have been to the event.

We went to EEM once last August . . . tough to recall exactly, but I want to say we took around 45 minutes for breakfast.

Since this is not a character breakfast, it is easier to control the time. I have read reports that some people went for a pastry and a drink in the first hour then went back again later for more food near the end of EMM.

What @TJDisneymama said - you can make it as long or as short as you want. Heck, you don't even have to go the breakfast at all if you don't want to.

We did two EMMs last year, both times we went and rode rides once the park opened and then came back a bit before 10 for breakfast. We took our time, maybe 15-20 mins max. Wanted to grab a quick bite and then continue on with the day. No sense in wasting too much low crowd time eating!

Loved EMM!

Yeah, id say it depends. You can be as quick or as slow as you like. The foods already set up, you could theoretically be in and out in 10 minutes if you are a fast eater.

ETA: When we went, DS ate in about 10-15 minutes, then he left to go on 7DMT a couple more times while me and DD stayed and relaxed. We were there probably another 10 minutes until he came back. So 20-25 minutes total.

I'd say about 20 minutes, unless you really take your time, or have kids that eat slowly (mine are generally slow, but were still done around the 20 minute mark without me trying to rush them at all). You could probably finish faster than that. How long does it take you to eat a continental breakfast at a hotel? It's probably close to that.

When we did EMM last August, we were done eating in about 20 minutes and maybe spent another 10 minutes relaxing a bit, so 30 minutes total. We did it right near the end of the time, so around 9:30ish. It's a smaller buffet than the usual character buffet restaurants and you aren't waiting on anything like drinks or to pay so it's pretty much grab your food (no line) and then sit and eat. I'm sure if you wanted to do several plates or returns to the buffet then your time would be a bit longer.

We did EMM at The Studios and it can take as little time as it takes to load your plate and eat it. There are not crowds of people doing EMM even in the MK. I would eat once you have had your fill of the rides.

I did this just couple of weeks ago, May 9th. Honestly, you can do it in 15 mins if you rush, or you could do it in an hour if you take your time. I got to Pinocchio Village Haus about 915am and left about 945am. I went back for food three times and was done in less than 30 minutes. Never felt rushed, never had to wait for more than 2 people in front of me in line for food. My daughter went for food twice and was done in about 20 minutes. I just took the time to recharge and get ready for a full day in the park.

You can make multiple visits too. I went in and grabbed a coffee and pastry to eat while waiting for official park opening and then had a "real" breakfast 9:30(ish) after riding a few non EMM rides.

I just focused on eating and it took 10-15 minutes. No wait to be seated- you pick your seat- and all the food is already out there, so all you have to do is eat it at your own pace.

Do they stop stocking the buffet at a certain time? I was thinking of going at the last minute for breakfast and just ride as many rides in a row as possible...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter