How Long Does it Take?

I really can not sleep after sweating all day. No matter how much I cool off, I still feel clammy and gross. Especially with the added sunblock. I know there are plenty of people who can, more power to them. The other factor is that filth actually rubs off onto your PJs or bed sheets. That might explain why some want their sheets changed daily. 🤷‍♀️ I also think it is a lifestyle thing. We don't bring the outside into the inside. Even at home, we take our shoes/coats off at the door and immediately wash our hands before going further into the house. We shower in the evenings at home too, just to wash off the day's germs. I have read that you really should do that for your health. Maybe that is why we are hardly ever sick.

I shower at night too, but I HAVE to shave my legs in the morning. It's just a thing with me. So I guess I don't really "shower" in the morning, but jump in to shave my legs.

Aren't we all weird? :D

I shower at night too, but I HAVE to shave my legs in the morning. It's just a thing with me. So I guess I don't really "shower" in the morning, but jump in to shave my legs.

Aren't we all weird? :D

I am lucky that I am not hairy and what does grow, grows slowly. I only shave my legs about every 3-4 days.

I really can not sleep after sweating all day. No matter how much I cool off, I still feel clammy and gross. Especially with the added sunblock. I know there are plenty of people who can, more power to them. The other factor is that filth actually rubs off onto your PJs or bed sheets. That might explain why some want their sheets changed daily. 🤷‍♀️ I also think it is a lifestyle thing. We don't bring the outside into the inside. Even at home, we take our shoes/coats off at the door and immediately wash our hands before going further into the house. We shower in the evenings at home too, just to wash off the day's germs. I have read that you really should do that for your health. Maybe that is why we are hardly ever sick.
In Disney, I'm more of a "shower before dinner" kind of person. At least if it's a hot day. That way you're clean for dinner and if you do go to a park afterwards, you won't sweat AS much as during the day.

Me? I can be up and out in a matter of minutes. My wife and kids? About 11 hours and 59 minutes is what it feels like.

We don't do breakfast, and if we do, it's simple stuff in the room.

How funny and that is what motivated me to start this thread. I feel the same way, sometimes i feel it can take my wife so very long to get ready to go to the parks. Yes I understand the differences between men and women getting ready and the expectations society has set for women but still.........

Same. I have to get the sunscreen off my skin at night. So it's usually 2 showers a day at WDW.

Our normal, at home routine, requires a shower after every trip outdoors....as soon as we pass the threshold/door to the house, we know we're showering when we return. We live in TX, and it's just too HOT here to not do so. That's why we keep the temp low in the house, running the AC, and ceiling fans in every room except the kitchen. We even have an AC unit in the garage.

So, the whole showering multiple times a day and every day, isn't a stretch for us at all. I can't imagine going to bed after being outside all day and not showering. And I'm in the same situation as a previous poster, my hair in the mornings looks like the aftermath of category 5 Texas tornado.

Last edited:
How funny and that is what motivated me to start this thread. I feel the same way, sometimes i feel it can take my wife so very long to get ready to go to the parks. Yes I understand the differences between men and women getting ready and the expectations society has set for women but still.........
Your post made me think of that old Brad Paisley song, Waitin' on a Woman. ::yes::

Your post made me think of that old Brad Paisley song, Waitin' on a Woman. ::yes::
I often will turn that song on, trust me.

Funny thing is, my wife only wears makeup on rare occasions. She's not fancy, she's not high maintenance. She is just VERY hard to get rolling in the morning, but she also is a night owl.

On the one hand, it's great to get as much done as possible. Especially if you are not a frequent visitor. On the other hand, you are on vacation and sometimes it's nice to chillax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter