How long from DL to San Diego?

I could do it in 2 and half hours. Maybe 2 if I drove really fast with a little help from the traffic.

Hi! I read some of the older posts, and have a question.. I'm (well, DH really) driving to Anaheim from San Diego on a Friday in September. the park opens at 9am, and I would like to arrive 8amish, since we have to leave the bags at check in, grab a quick bite and then go to park-opening. I was thinking leaving San Diego at 530am, but it might be too early, what time do you recommend me to leave then?
What part of San Diego? Downtown? La Jolla? Mission Bay? It'll make a little bit of difference.

In general, I can leave San Diego (I live about 10 minutes north of downtown) and make it to the Disneyland parking garage in an hour and 20 minutes on a weekday, if I leave between 6:30 and 7:00. So, I think if you leave at 6:15 (adjusting that depending on how far north/south you are of downtown) you should arrive by 8:00 - barring there being some really bad accident that backs up the freeway, of course, but no one can predict that.

What part of San Diego? Downtown? La Jolla? Mission Bay? It'll make a little bit of difference.

In general, I can leave San Diego (I live about 10 minutes north of downtown) and make it to the Disneyland parking garage in an hour and 20 minutes on a weekday, if I leave between 6:30 and 7:00. So, I think if you leave at 6:15 (adjusting that depending on how far north/south you are of downtown) you should arrive by 8:00 - barring there being some really bad accident that backs up the freeway, of course, but no one can predict that.

From The Dana at Mission Bay.. my goal is to arrive at 8am, so we can leave the bags, check-in, grab a quick bite and head for the parks!

For this trip we are doing Anaheim and Hollywood, but couldn't resist a day at Seaworld.
I have planned a Sunday trip. How long would it take to get from Anaheim to Seaworld? I'm guessing the traffic would be less at the weekend??
As much as we wanted to spend time in San Diego we cannot fit in DL, Hollywood and SD in 2 weeks and give it all justified time, so plan doing the other and then perhaps another trip just for San Diego another year. My husband spent time working in San Diego and loved it.

So I-5 is the most direct route between DL and SW.

My question is we are going next week, 2 different days. One day at SW and 1 day at the SD Zoo. If I wanted to take a more Scenic route from SD to DL, what is best? I'm thinking both parks close early in October and I can either drive the I-5 and sit in traffic, or take my time on a longer route and see some cool spots.

Thanks!

So I-5 is the most direct route between DL and SW.

My question is we are going next week, 2 different days. One day at SW and 1 day at the SD Zoo. If I wanted to take a more Scenic route from SD to DL, what is best? I'm thinking both parks close early in October and I can either drive the I-5 and sit in traffic, or take my time on a longer route and see some cool spots.

Thanks!

I believe I-5 is the only route. :confused3 I'm not sure how else you'd get there. You could always get off freeway and make some stops, but I-5 is the major freeway between here and LA. Not sure what "cool spots" you're interested in. It would just be different views of the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter