How long had you been dating?

We met in September 1990 (in a bar - DH knew the night we met that we would get married).
Got engaged Thanksgiving 1990 (did not talk about it prior); and then we got married on April 13, 1991.

Celebrating 20 years next month by renewing our vows at Disney! :woohoo:

we met November 2001 - I didnt like him.
Started dating June 2003 (he grew on me :laughing: ) then went on holiday in the June.
Returned from holiday and bought a house together in the August.
He proposed few months later
We are getting married next month

Last edited:
Met- March 2009 while on the disney college program (were BEST friends)
Started dating- January 1, 2010 at 12:04 am...details.
I moved in with him from MN to IN the end of April 2010
He proposed December 2010
Getting Married in November 2011

:goodvibes

Met in April 2005
Started dating Nov 2005
He proposed the first time Nov 2005 (I to;d him we weren't ready:laughing:)
Living together May 2006
Engaged Nov 2008
Married August 9th 2010 (8.9.10)

We had been dating 10 years when he proposed. We're going on 12 years now!

Better late then never! If I haven't figured out his quirks and oddities by now, I never will.

We knew each other since 2006, officially started dating june 29 2008 and lived with each other since then. We both we were going to marry eachother in the beginning so i planned my wedding at disney wihib the first month. We got engaged at MK february 13th 2011

Met and started dating on June 25, 2009:lovestruc

He proposed on December 3, 2010:love: (on Santa's Lap!)

So about a year and a half of dating

We are getting married December 10, 2011 :hug: so we will have been together about 2 1/2 years total when we tie the knot!

Well this is going to sound weird, but... we never actually dated. We were online friends first... then we met in person. I'm not saying 'love at first sight' exists for everyone... but it sure did for us.
We decided to get married during that very first visit.

Let's see...

We met in an english class sophomore year of high school, and I thought he was slightly wonky and WAY too outgoing for me (I was more of a cool cucumber back then :cool2: ).

We then started dating senior year, then through the rest of high school, then through college, then through some years of entry level work, and now we're engaged! Together almost 8 years now! :cool1:

As of today, 9 years. But we were married 1 month short of dating for 9 years! I don't know why we didn't just get married on our "anniversary," as it was a Monday as well.

exactly 6months but we had discussed marriage before becoming an item (best friends for 7.5yrs beforehand)

We started talking about it 3 months into dating. Engaged at 9 months- We just knew! He had the ring at 6months! Then 1.5 year engagement So when we saw vows it will be 2.5 years together!

We met just before Thanksgiving of 2009 and began "officially dating" about a month later in December. We talked about marriage quite often when we were dating and looked at e-rings in the summertime. DF took me on a surprise trip to Disney during Labor Day weekend of 2010 and popped the question at CRT. We are getting married this Labor Day weekend and will be enjoying our honeymoon in Disney!:goodvibes

We did things backwards. I was divorced and didn't have a desire to ever get married again. We dated for a year or so before we realized that we wanted to start a life together and at that point we bought a house and tried for a baby. When I was 8 mos pregnant he confessed that marriage was important to him and he proposed. I accepted and we had a wedding with just our parents present on the beach 2 weeks later (we had been dating about 2.5 years at that point). The plan was to have a "real wedding" (where we could invite friends and family members) after our son was born. Our son had plans of his own and when he was 2 weeks old he was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and needed emergency open heart surgery that same day. The wedding went on the back burner. Now, 4 years later, our little guy's heart is perfectly healthy and we're planning a 5 yr VR for March 2012!

We met at work and had been friends for about 2 years before we started dating. Almost exactly 6 months from the day we started dating, he asked me to marry him. We had talked about what we both wanted for the future because I had gotten divorced a couple years ago and was married to someone who didn't want a family (among other things :sad2:) and he had been dating someone who was the same.

A lot of people are surprised that we've only been together 6 months and are getting married, but having been friends first, we knew each others crap so we got to bypass the early awkward dating phase. :yay:

My husband and I were friends in high school. We knew each other 8 years before we even started dating, then when we did start dating he proposed 3 months later. We were engaged for 1.5 years, and have been married now for 11 years.

My fiance and I have been dating almost as long as we have been engaged, lol. Almost 2 years now. I don't even know who brought it up first but we've constantly talked about it from the get-go. We were close friends before getting together so it was pretty easy for us to know what the other one wanted.

We met and started dating Sept. 19, 2009.
He moved in April 1, 2010
Got engaged March 19, 2011 - exactly a year and a half dating.
We're getting married Sept. 24, 2011 - so 2 years and 5 days

We acknowledge our anniversary on the 19th of every month. I would have loved to have gotten married on the 19th of September - but it is a Monday and since I have a huge invite list, we knew many people wouldn't be able to be there for a Monday wedding. I know the 24th will be perfect though!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter