How long has it been since youve written your resume?

binny

do something that MATTERS!
I had to do mine today Its been 7 years since I wrote it last time.

My boss had to have an updated version for the files ( we are a non profit and are up for grants) and I was amazed at how rusty I was!
For SAHM's
What would you put in yours? Would you add in the years youve spent at home? What would you say about it?

I didnt add in anything about the last 7 years at home. Ive been fortunate enough to have a pt job that whole time for the same company ( EXTREMELY pt lol) so Ijust wrote about that.

So how long has t been since youve done yours and what were the challenges you faced when you wrote it?

A couple weeks -- I try to keep it updated all the time, so that if a job opportunity arises, I don't have to spend time dealing with my resume. :)

I had to write a resume for my college for a community service scholarship.
It was hard because they weren't specific about what they wanted so I just put in work and school but I don't know if they were looking for only a community service resume or if they wanted a complete resume that included my community service.

I haven't updated mine since I became a SAHM.

I am NOT trying to start a debate on SAHM's and mother's that have a job outside the home...What's weird is that more companies aren't trying to recruit the SAHM's who want to re-enter the work force. Think about it...

Most companies are trimming work forces and want workers who can multi-task, adapt to changing situations, etc. I don't know about most of you, but I have planning, multi-tasking and time management down to a science. Handling changing situations, problems that come up that have to be solved "now"...that's a daily routine.

Back to the question...I'd have to sit down and actually think about what I would put down on a resume if I were to update it. I think it would have less business world experience, but more personal experience and qualities that would show that I would be an excellent worker.

Got mine out a couple of weeks ago to update it, just in case. It’s the first time in 4 years I’ve even thought about my resume.

Would you believe I never had a resume? I fell into my first full time job from a part time job. From there our compnay got bought out, so I fell into another job at the new place. Same scenario happend again, but I decided to decline that job and become a SAHM. I have never thought about a resume. :eek:

Zulaya, Im a SAHM too and a WAHM ( work at home mom ) my job is great in the sense that I can do almost everything from home in my jammies if Im so inclined. The work that I do outside of the home I can take my kids 95% of the time too. I totally agree with you!! Of all the qualifications I have ( LOL like there are THAT many LOL) the ones I would think would be most interesting to an employer would be Multi-tasking, organizational skills, and ability to handle at least 3 crisies at once.

I have no idea why companies dont target SAHM's more you would think we would be just what theyre looking for!

about 5 years....and before that about 9 years...
I have been teaching at the same school for 15 years, so I needed to update my resume when I went from teaching special needs to being the computer teacher :)

my company also competes for contracts and grants, so we are required to update our resume on our intranet whenever there is a change. i think the last time i updated it was about 2 weeks ago.

I do it every so often. I never know when I will need it. The hardest part for me is describing my current job in simple terms.

A week and a half ago just to be safe. Hung it online at my "Society" and got a call within 3 days! I don't really want to go anywhere but thought I owe it to myself to be open to change if it comes my way.

I have to get mine updated. My boss just got layed off today and that is a serious wake up call to me. I know I'm safe now, but who knows what the future holds.

It's been at least 3 years since I updated it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter