how long is the average stay on property

gerrym51

Earning My Ears
I have researched this and cannot find. I AM NOT ASKING WHAT IS THE IDEAL STAY. What is the average CURRENT STAY on property that people do.

I cannot find an answer to that or i am asking it wrong. I get ideal stay and not the actual average stay. I am NOT asking for YOUR stay. I am asking average stay that only Disney would know and if they have ever mentioned it.

So many factors to think of - the majority of people coming from the UK will stay for 14 nights (length of regular summer holiday here) with a few on either side staying for 7 or 21 nights. I am sure that these numbers vary for international travellers from other countries. In the US it seems that shorter stays but more often are the norm so it must be really difficult to define what an average length of stay is. The only true way of finding out is for Disney to add up the total number of nights booked in a year and then divide that number by the total number of bookings (not total number of people).

I have researched this and cannot find. I AM NOT ASKING WHAT IS THE IDEAL STAY. What is the average CURRENT STAY on property that people do.

I cannot find an answer to that or i am asking it wrong. I get ideal stay and not the actual average stay. I am NOT asking for YOUR stay. I am asking average stay that only Disney would know and if they have ever mentioned it.
Out of curiosity, why do you want this information?

We usually go for 10 nights, only do Disney so it's more then enough time even from the UK.

I would hazard a guess that it would be 7-10 days based upon the number of people that do a night or two onsite to get the perks and those coming from Europe and further afield coming for 14days+. But then again, this is purely conjecture based upon my own personal experience.

Happy Thanksgiving!

The median would likely be easier to guess than the average, because the 14 night stays and one night stays would likely cancel each other out. I would guess a median around 6 days.

I imagine it’s probably somewhere around seven days or so. Having said that, there are way too many variables at play. I don’t think Disney has ever released that information and honestly, I can’t imagine the average stay really matters or sheds any light on anything. For every family that stays two weeks in the summer there’s one that visits for the weekend five times a year.

My guess based solely on what Disney tends to use as suggested examples for discounts is 5 nights/6 days.
Or at least that's what they would like people to stay.

If only DIsney knows this information, how on Earth would we be able to give you that answer? We could help by looking back on our own stays to see what our average is, but you yelled that you do not want to know about our average length of stay. We could try to determine what would be an ideal average length of stay based on our own experiences, but again, you have yelled we cannot help that way.

I am not at all sure anyone can help you, however if I was to guess, and that would be all any of us could do, I would agree with @Queen of the WDW Scene and use the suggested discount advertisements. But who knows if that would work. For all we know the discount are used to get guests to extend an "average" stay. So, I htink we are back to "How would we know?"

I used to work as a Trainer at the Disney Reservations Center (DRC). In that area, I don't think anyone except the Vice President of that division and her or his team had access to that type of data. None of the hourly Cast Members or Managers knew that information.

Outside of DRC, the folks running Revenue Management would know. And, top-level management at each of the Disney Resorts would also know.

The likelihood that any of those people would ever share that information with the public is slim to none. Doing that would be a career-ending move. Sharing it after leaving the company would likely violate non-disclosure agreements. Basically, it's highly-guarded information.

Prior to working for Disney, I held management positions in multiple hotels. We never shared that information with anyone outside the hotel, either. Keep that type of proprietary information secret is an hospitality industry standard.

I am NOT asking for YOUR stay. I am asking average stay that only Disney would know and if they have ever mentioned it.

A map can often help clarify.

Simple-Map_Joke-Lrg_zps60930818.jpg

As to why i asked the question- if your staying on property and want to book fastpasses- if the average stay is 7 days and you stay 10 since disney lets you book fastpasses for entire stay-days 7- 8-9 might have far less competition for fastpasses

As to why i asked the question- if your staying on property and want to book fastpasses- if the average stay is 7 days and you stay 10 since disney lets you book fastpasses for entire stay-days 7- 8-9 might have far less competition for fastpasses

That is often pointed out on the FP thread(s) on the Theme Park board and some of the ADR threads on the Restaurant board. You have a better chance of getting the harder-to-book FP and ADR towards the end of your trip.

My guess is 7 days, but there really are so many variables -- people from overseas will tend to stay 2-3 weeks just because it is expensive and takes so long to get here, others might do a long weekend, or others just a couple days Disney and then pop over to universal. So i don't think there is a real answer to your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter