How long on hold for WDW PS?

angc

Earning My Ears
OK I'm still on hold. I've been on hold for 1 hr 30 minutes. is this normal? I'm afraid to hang up and go to the 'end of the line'. How long can I expect to hold? The school bus comes in 40 min so i have to hang up then. I'm just so frustrated. This is our 1st visit to WDW and are a bit overwhelmed. Thanks

I've never had to wait more that 10 minutes. :confused:
Are you using their toll-free number? Dial 1-877-939-3732 and listen to the prompts. Good luck with your PS ressies!

WOW! I'd say hang up and call again. That's a long time even for WDW Dining. When you do finally get someone, mention it. Maybe they have a problem they are not aware of.

Still waiting on line #1. I called again on our 2nd line and waited 20 Min before hanging up. I'm not using the toll free number, I didn't know there was one. I'll try calling it. Thanks.

Just got through! 1 hr 55min. That must be a new record. Thanks for that 800# I'll definitely keep it handy. I mentioned the delay to CS, she seemed surprised but not apologetic.

I was on hold for 15 minutes during my break and I thought that was a long time :p I gave up after that though because my cell phone was getting waay too hot. I'm going to give that other number a try tonight though.

WOW! :earseek: I was on hold for 10 minutes before giving up, I can't imagine holding for almost 2 hours!!

And thanks so much for sharing the toll-free number, Tigger Fans... I was imagining my phone bill getting bigger and bigger with every minute I was on hold. :crazy2:

I'll try this number in a few minutes. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

Currently on hold now and have been for 15 minutes.

Toll-free does not work from the UK :(

Got through in the end!

PSs made for:

Crystal Palace breakfast on 11th Dec.
Ice Cream Social on 13th Dec.
Coral Reef for lunch on 15th Dec.

Already have:

50s Prime Time on 12th Dec.
Breakfastosaurus on 14th Dec.
and Boma for dinner on 14th Dec.

I can't wait - especially to see my one year old when she sees the life size Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace! :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by WDWhoneymooner
And thanks so much for sharing the toll-free number, Tigger Fans... I was imagining my phone bill getting bigger and bigger with every minute I was on hold. :crazy2:
You're welcome! Being on hold isn't nearly as annoying if you're not paying. ::yes:: FYI, you can make both room ressie's and PS through this number! Best of luck with your plans!

TTFN!

I called today too and was oh hold for an unusually long time...about 1/2 hour.I didn't know about the toll-free #. Thanks. Too bad I'm done making PS but you never know when you may have to call or change something. At least now I have the # for future visits.

I called today also, and was on hold for over 30 minutes, the lady I got said that they were really busy. I've never had to wait over
10 minutes any other time I have called, now I have the Tol free number, thanks

I spent another 45 minutes on hold today... unfortunately, I'm at work so I couldn't keep on holding. I've been using the Disney Club toll-free #... I wonder if that's the problem... maybe they're just super-busy. :confused: Oh well, I'll probably give it another try when I get home from work tonight :p

Mornings (7am-noon EST) are the busiest time of day. Try calling between 1pm and 3pm EST, or after 8pm EST.
The dining line is as staffed as staffed can be right now, so the reason for such long hold times is simply the number of people trying to call at the same time.

Its 2 in the afternoon now, and I'm calling from work at my lunch. I have been on hold for over 20 minutes. I think I might hang up.

it's ridiculous.

I've tried calling the past two days, and have been on hold for too long (I've had to hang up because I needed to go somewhere).The hold's not so bad, I'm on my cell w/ unlimited minutes, and doing other stuff while I wait. Actually on hold right now. My question- has anyone else been getting staticy hold music? It's really bad, can't really tell it's music at all, just once in a while a word or two comes through. I think it would make holding a lot easier if it wasn't like I was forced to listen to a radio station that doesn't come in. Oh well, I'll just sing to myself while I wait. :D

The number of people calling at the last minute to book Candlelight Processional and other holiday meals (far, far too late, imo) is probably what's leading to long wait times. The lines are fully staffed, and when you are on hold, you are waiting in a queue. No one is put on hold at random or out of meanness. The lines are currently fully staffed, and CMs on the phones automatically get the next call immediately after the current guest they are speaking to hangs up. If your visit is in late Feb or early March, and you aren't calling to book Cindy's, PSB, Chef Mickey's, or dinner at 1900 Park Fare, you should be ok if you let the "holiday rush" pass.

The times I suggested in my earlier reply were based on personal experiences in the past, and certainly can not/should not be taken as a guarantee.

I called back on the toll-free line on Monday, and I got through within 10-15 minutes. AND I had my choice of times for our lunch at Sci-Fi Drive In on 12/23 and dinner at Rose and Crown on 12/24! :bounce::bounce:

Called to confirm all my PS this afternoon. I was on hold for a little under 10 minutes. (I called on the toll-free number).
TTFN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter