How long shall I expect to be in Epcot Character Spot?

eddyeddy

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to make family arrangements for Fastpass+ in September. I know the usual attractions should take something between 15-30 min if I Fastpass considering line plus actual ride.

But when I get to Character Spot if I meet all the gang shall I consider a bigger time slot considering they would interact with my kids and also need to wait in line to meet someone in specific?

I would leave a little more time. You can get behind groups that take FOREVER. Multiple people, multiple cameras, selfies, shy kids who need coaxing...plus characters take breaks.

From the time you meet the first chariter to the last one ( I think there are 3) it should take About 15 to 30 minutes

I allow 30 minutes for the entire experience. This includes the time starting with getting in line with FP+ to exiting. 3 kids (11, 14, 17) two autograph books. We use the photopass photographer and my camera. However, we always go before noon. I imagine things are slower in the afternoon.

But when I get to Character Spot if I meet all the gang shall I consider a bigger time slot considering they would interact with my kids and also need to wait in line to meet someone in specific?

I've been in and out of the Character Spot in ten minutes, and I've been in line for thirty to forty minutes. It really depends on who you're in line with. We were once behind a large group who met Mickey and took every possibly photo combination. All adults, all children, there was four separate families so they all took photos with Mickey and then several people took single photos with Mickey.... it was frustrating but they had waited in line just like us.

I would allow 45 minutes to be absolutely confident you'll be out of there for the next FP or dining reservation and not feel rushed.

Also, are you only meeting the three characters (usually Mickey, Minnie and Goofy) or do you also want to meet Joy and Sadness from Inside Out and Baymax from Big Hero 6. You will need to allow even more time if you want to meet them too. They are all in the same area. Joy and Sadness meet together and Baymax meets alone.

Last edited:
Did they move? I though joy and sadness were across the breezeway. Is that all one building and I never noticed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter