how long to plan for travel to parks?

zomama

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time staying in the park. We'll be at POR. How much time do we have to allow for transportation to the parks? other resorts?

It depends. I highly recommend The Unofficial Guide to WDW, which has (among a bazillion other cool things:cool2:) a spreadsheet of how long it takes to travel from each resort to each park.

Depending on which resort you're staying at, it generally takes between about 20-40 minutes to travel to the parks. Resort hopping is a whole 'nother beast, though. With the exception of the Bay Lake resorts, you'll have to go from your resort to a park, then transfer to a bus going to the resort you want to visit. One option is to take a break from the park at lunchtime and hop the bus to a resort for lunch. For the Bay Lake resorts: the boat connects MK, WL, FW, and CR. The Monorail connects MK, Poly, and GF--and Epcot, except you will have to transfer at the TTC.

From Port Orleans, you can take a boat to DTD. I *think* there's boat service from DHS to one of the resorts as well, but I'm not sure which one. HTH!

This will be our first time staying in the park. We'll be at POR. How much time do we have to allow for transportation to the parks? other resorts?
It depends. Hop on the first bus you see to whatever park and you could be there in 20 minutes or less.

Want to go to a specific park and have some poor timing and it could take an hour or more.

Same thing with resorts. Here is a tip: The fastest way to get from one resort to another is to grab a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter