How Long to Stay?

waltandjulie

Earning My Ears
We've got two small children (4yo and 1yo), and are planning a two week trip to Florida. Current plans call for 7 days in WDW. We now are considering the entire two weeks in WDW. Anybody ever done WDW for that long?

Not yet, but I'd love to! We have 3 kids: 10, 8, and 4. Going that extra time will allow you to take a nice, relaxed pace.

Each trip gets longer and longer...:D
five days, seven days, 10 days and this year, 14.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: It depends on what you want to do outside Disney and how much time you need. Have a great time!

We stayed for 2 weeks on my first trip, and AK and BB weren't even open yet. I was 14 and went with my best friend. She had sisters who were 11, 5, and 3. We didn't get bored at all. On the contrary, we had plenty of time to do everything without getting tired. We only had 5 day tickets, which at the time granted you 7 consecutive days' admission to the water parks after you used the ticket the first time. We never went to the big parks 2 days in a row, so we could stay up late on the park days and sleep in on other days. It was great. I'd strongly recommend a long trip if you can do it.

We go for 2 weeks ever year. I strongly recommend it. This way you really have time to relax and enjoy everything. You can take the time to do all the other things in the world besides the parks. Like rent a boat and have a picinic. Go and explore all the other resorts.

We are going for 13 nights on our next trip and can't wait (103 days to go)! Our longest visit to date has been 6 nights. No matter how long you go for, you will not run out of things to do. Go for as long as your budget will allow. Have fun!

2 weeks at Disney is pure heaven! We go a couple of times a year and usually just for 4-5 days at a time, but every other year or so we take a nice big 2 week trip in the summer and it is fantastic! You have time to see and do everything you want, and you have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the pool and the resort.

The only problem we came across last time was that the kids (then 7 and 5) got a little bit homesick and they were definitely ready to come home by the time the 2 weeks were over.

Have fun whatever you decide. :D

We have 6 kids and have found this method out only by trial and error.
We go for 10 days.
Arrive on Wed....swim...check in...relax after travel(we arrive in am after flying)
Thursday and Friday......parks
Sat......swim.... relax(avoid parks, lots of people)
Sunday and Mon......parks
Tues swim....relax
Wed and THurs.......parks
fri.....swim..relax....maybe finish up something in Parks we missed
sat...leave
We have found that by doing 2 park days and 1 day to relax at the resort keeps everyone relaxed and peaceful.

We have in past stayed 4 nights....or 6 nights...but this works better for us

We have stayed for over two weeks twice and it is great.

We usually split the stay between 2 resorts. It makes the vacation seem even LONGER!!

You can really take it easy and do what you want, because you know you have a lot of time.

I've lived in FL for 25 years and I can't think of anywhere else you can go in FL (with two little ones) and have as much fun as in WDW!!!! Sure , you can go to the beach. That gets boring, real quick!!!!! Okay, so I live 10 minutes from the beach, but think of how much you can do in two weeks at WDW!!!!!!!

You can do all the parks, maybe a water park, Downtown Disney, relax at your resort. What fun!!!!!!

As long as your boss doesn't fire you or you run out of money, stay as long as you can!!!!
biggrin3.gif

haha!

we have stayed for over 2 weeks 2 times and are doing it again next June!

I love it alot!!
the trip is more relaxing and you have more time to do what you want!!

if you are thinking about doing other things in Orlando...you could stay at a disney hotel and then just go over to Sea World or whatever for the day

I agree with WDWfanatic288 - I would stay the full time at WDW and take side trips from there if there are other places you want to see and things you want to do. I don't recommend hotel hopping with two little ones - there is just too much gear to be moving it, and then they get a vacation routine developed and hopefully sleep well for you. The beach (Daytona) is not far away for a beach day, and Sea World, Universal, the Space Center and Busch Gardens are all also easy day trips.

With small kids the longer can work to your advantage. We are adding an extra day onto our trip this year (like someone else says keeps getting longer and longer 1 day, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, now 7 days! LOL!) You can always do half days in the parks. This is great if you want to stay out late one night at Epcot to see the fireworks. Kids are much more patient if they haven't been "parking it" all day! You can relax and enjoy your resort, spend time in the pool and not worry about having to see everything all on one day. YOu can even go for a few hours, go back to the resort for a rest and then hit the park later in the day when it is cooler.

Great idea! can I come?

:earsgirl:

my trips are also getting longer. 3 days , 6 days and now 9 days
but again i could live on vaction i love the world and i have never been bored there. to much to do, and you can relax and enjoy yourself. do what you feel is best for you and family. Do the children do well away from home? can you aford it. just list pros and cons but have fun what ever you do :smooth: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have found that longer trips are more relaxing because you don't have to worry about squeezing everything in and you can take time to relax and enjoy your resort. Stay longer if you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter