• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long to travel from MK to WL?

ThePrincess&TheJohn

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We have lunch reservations (2:25pm) at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. I'm thinking of leaving Magic Kingdom at 1:50, giving us transportation time of 35 minutes. Is that cutting it too close or does that sound reasonable? It's been a while since I went between MK and WL!!! Thanks so much for your thoughts :)

I would think 30 - 45 minutes. It all depends on the boats and if you just missed the boat and have to wait for the next one or if you arrive at the dock in time to catch that boat.

10 minute walk from wherever you are in the park, to the dock
20 minute wait for the boat
15 minute RIDE
5 minutes to debark and walk to WC
Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to ADR time (right? Not 15 any more?)
I'd allow at least 45 minutes, if not an hour.

Having done exactly that trip more than once, I agree with everyone else - 45 minutes would be the minimum time I'd allow. Being someone who'd rather be early than late (or even rushing down the boardwalk from the boat to the WL building), I personally would allow an hour. Besides, WL is lovely and worth spending some time looking around the lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter