How long were or have your parents been together?

Longer than they needed to be since one of them was certainly a glutton for punishment.
I totally understand. My parents' marriage was awful and my sister and I wished they had divorced instead of making everyone miserable.

11 months. My father was a 27 year old abusive drunk, my mother was a 20 year old college student. He disappeared when I was two months old.

My parents got married 55 years ago. They were together off and on for 3-4 years before that.

My inlaws were married 65 years. My father died a month before their 60th anniversary. Dh and I just celebrated 43 years

My biological father was with my mom less than 6 months and went to prison. He died before I ever met him.

My stepfather adopted me at 3 and was married to my mom for 12 years. After they divorced, I pretty much broke all ties with him as he was an abusive drunk. I haven't spoke to him in almost 6 years.

My mom is currently in her 3rd marriage to a man she met when I was 19. They've been together 20 years, married 15. I actually met my current wife of 12 years just a few months after they got married.

My parents have been married for 47 years so far. They met when they were 17, married at 19, and have 6 children.
There are 5 grandchildren so far but many more to come, and their oldest granddaughter will marry next year.

Mine were married on 2/29 and never had an official anniversary, since it was leap day. so not very long.

My parents were married for 21 years when my dad died of a heart attack at the end of November 1980.

My parents had been married almost 17 years when my dad passed. My mom was a widow for 46 years. She had no interest in marrying again, probably because she had to care for my terminally ill father for two years. I was 9 when dad passed, so then my mom had to care for me through College Graduation. So I think she was ready for time to herself.

My parents were together almost 21 years when my mother passed away in 1991. My husband and I have been together 26 years this year. And I am turning 50 at the end of the month my mother was 48 when she passed away. I often think about how different my life might have been if she was still living.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter