How many days at Universal

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
Im doing a 13 night solo trip in early December. I will be staying at RPR. right now it is $213 for 5 nights $227 for 4 and $255 for 3. The longest I have done at Universal is 2 park days and that have always felt rushed. I definitely want some down time at the resort and even pool hop to cabana bay once or twice. Right now im debating anywhere from 3-5 nights and have trouble deciding on one. Will I get bored at 5 nights or too rushed at 3-4? The rest of my stay will be at Disney. Thanks for the help

No one can tell you what is the right amount for you... If you've been there an have and idea what it is about, you should have an idea how much time you want. If 2 was too rushed that makes at least 3 days... if you want resort/pool time would say at least 4 days. If want some buffer time in there then 5 days.
8 days at Disney is 'adequate' but have to ask yourself the same questions there to know how to split the days between the parks.

I only did 1 day for both parks when we went, but felt like 2 days would be more than enough for my family, so that's what I'm planning next time. 5 seems like a lot to me, but it's definitely very personal. My family doesn't care about pool/resort time. We are up early and go go go. Best of luck deciding!

We stay 9 nights with kids, 7 nights if just adults and we've never thought "We probably could have headed home a day early". Guess it depends on whether you're only interested in riding the rides, or if you want a lot of "resort time" in there also.

We went back in April and found 3 night/4 day trip to be perfect for us. This allowed us 1/2 day at the pool. (Traveling with a 1yr old so lots of rider swap time used and tons of time at Dr Sues land) On the 1st day we entered the park around noon and 4th day we left around 3pm. We had Express pass with PBR which made things really easy going for us. Didn’t feel rushed at all. We had almost a whole day to re-ride a ton of attractions

Since we are annual pass holders, we go for 2 weeks and go early since we stay on property, then go back to the room, pool, relax, and go back in the evening

Sometimes the ticket special can help you out with the decision too.....Are they running the buy two get two days free when you are there? Easy.....I'm going with 4 park days. We were there at the end of April and had the buy 2 get 3 free. 5 days did not feel like too much but we also did Volcano Bay and we did NOT have express but also never had long waits either because of proper touring. Have a fun trip!!!

I would for sure do 5 nights!!! Head to parks in the morning, have lunch there at a new restaurant each day, then head back to resort to rest and enjoy pool with an adult beverage and a book. Then dinner at resort, try a different place each time. Maybe even dinner at another resort. Then back to parks for a few rides, then maybe your resort lounge for a nightcap. Sounds like heaven. Take you time and don’t feel rushed because you will have plenty of time!

We have done 5 nights and I wish we had more time. we love the resort areas and also just taking our time and strolling around the parks and riding our favorites again.
We did a short 3 night stay a year ago and I was sad to leave. I felt we didn't have enough time.

My wife and I could easily do 10 nights at RPR - we spend about 4-5 hours in the parks, 3-4 hours near the pool. No rush - lots of fun and relaxation. And so many food options - italian, mexican, bar and grill, sushi, etc.

Staying on site with Express Pass at Universal is the only place I have found that I am stress free...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter