How many days do you got left!?!?!? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dqko5tp8yfl2008z.png
[/URL]

now July is almost gone, I'll welcome August as i've never ever done before b/c I'm am sooo going to use A DISign one month countdown calendar :lovestrucand I'll give each day myself and my fiance a 'little disney Goodie'!:rotfl:

My brand spanking new Disney Vacation Connection widget thingy says its 42 days, 8 hours and 3 minutes......then we're on our way to POP for a whole 2 weeks!!!

13 days for me!

We have most of the packing done because my sister is coming tomorrow from Maine to visit for 11 days.

We drove up to Disney Thursday past, after girl friend picked me up at my new place in WPB. We miscalculated, got up more like three thirty vice two like last time. After getting our room at the Beach Club, we dropped off our stuff, got our admission media and got it activated. and then waited almost forty-five minutes for the Magic Kingdom bus. Along with everyone else!

Finally the bus comes, and gets to the MK, and we make our way through the throng to the local Monorail. and. then we wend our way through the crowds to the Poly. We plop our butts in the seats at the Polynesian Bar, an hour later than we planned.

Last time we did this we had like four hours to relax, and crowd watch, and drink the mixed drinks. We didn't really feel much when we walked over to Kona Cafe for the sticky wings my girl friend likes.

So this time we wanted drinks with alcohol in them. Judy asked Our Bartender Clinta, what to suggest. I tried the first one, while Judy had a Zombie. well for me it was Zombies the rest of the evening. Judy said she saw the bartender from last year, but he didn't say anything to us.

Clinta very pleasantly kept bringing us more, think we both had four total for each of us in an hour plus. By then we knew that the drinks up there do indeed have alcohol in them. I barely remember ordering the pot stickers as my appetizer. I don't remember the dish I took back to the room in a box.

If you were up at the bar at the Poly, or going to O`hana's, (when the guy comes out and says ALOHA to the people waiting), if you saw a short fat guy speaking Russian, that was me.

The point of this story is that although we always end up staying at the Beach or Yacht Club, we always start off our trip at the bar at the Poly. She leaves Tamarac at like ten, gets me at eleven, and we get to the hotel at like two. This is our plan for when we come back up for Food and Wine. We love the atmosphere in the Poly lobby, and drinking strong drinks with the tiki gods, and watching every one coming in for the O'Hana dinner.

This is an easy way to have a definitive adult experience (not even in a park, and not even in a resort you are staying at). Did we mention how good the sticky wings are at the Kona Cafe?

Evan (EJKorvette on the boards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter