How many days for a WDW family that stays a week?

I would recommend 5 day park hopper tickets with Genie +. You will have enough time and flexibility at Disneyland. Also 5 day park hoppers do not need to be used on consecutive days so you will fine.

This is literally exactly my advice.

5 day park hopper Genie+

If you have other stuff you want to do in CA, I'd do 2-3 days.

With what you’d like to do I think 2 days in LA and 5 in Anaheim would be great. That’s what we did on our pre-move 2021 trip that our boys *still* talk about (we added 3 nights at the beach afterwards for downtime.)

I personally would start in LA as you will be toast your first night, then do a studio tour and Hollywood on your first full day, then on your transit day to Anaheim you can absolutely check out Griffith Observatory and see the Hollywood sign on your way, even the tar pits or a museum as well if they are of interest, and arrive at Disneyland with enough time for a nice dinner and early bedtime to hit the parks.

So I would say minimum 4 day tickets with hoppers (5 if you want to hop in on your arrival night in Anaheim for fireworks, etc.). It is *so* easy to hop. Think of it as walking between world showcase and future world at Epcot. I’m serious. The walk from MK to the buses is longer.

Have a great trip and whatever you decide and enjoy all the magic of Walt’s park.

Depends on how much you want to do... Me and teen son had 4 day park hoppers with Genie+, and really only NEEDED 2 days, but we didn't do parades or evening shows and skipped the majority of younger kid rides that have done at WDW.
But we did over achieve a bit the first day, knocking out BTM, RotR and MF in the first hour we were there...figured it was going to be difficult to get on RotR, but it was basically a walk on. We did not do any full park days.

Spent the last 2 days just doing a couple missed things and re-rides.

With the 2 parks being right across from each other, and if stay at a near by hotel, it eliminates all the travel time you get at WDW. We stayed at Candy Cane Inn and it was 15 minutes or less from gate to hotel walking.

Of course spring break will be much more crowded, so guess will need more time.

I personally would start in LA as you will be toast your first night, then do a studio tour and Hollywood on your first full day, then on your transit day to Anaheim you can absolutely check out Griffith Observatory and see the Hollywood sign on your way, even the tar pits or a museum as well if they are of interest, and arrive at Disneyland with enough time for a nice dinner and early bedtime to hit the parks.
That's a lovely plan!

Have a great trip and whatever you decide and enjoy all the magic of Walt’s park.
Yes, that's the most important thing: soaking up the atmosphere of being at the OG :mickeyjumDISNEYLAND:mickeyjum!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter