How many days for Disneyland?

Darcy03231

DIS Veteran
So we're looking at doing a couple of days post-cruise at Disneyland. While we've been to WDW many times, we've never visited DL. Is two day enough time? We're 2 adults and don't plan to see/do "everything" in this one trip. Looking to just see the things that are different and do a few favorites. Our plan is to stay close by so we can walk.

For a first time visitor, I'd go for 3 days, if you can afford. Park hoppers are more important at DLR than at WDW (due to proximity of the 2 parks), but if you don't want to incur the costs, I'd do 2 days at DL and one at CA.

Last edited:

My husband had only been to WDW prior to meeting me and was enamored with the details and history of Disneyland his first visit. Agree with the above posters on the 2 days DL, 1 day DCA visit strategy.

It really depends on WHEN you are going. If you tend to get there early every day for rope drop, I think 2 1/2 days (3 day ticket) is the right amount of time.

It also really depends on what you want to see/do/eat and how much downtime you need. CA Adventure Park CAN be done in a half-day, as far as rides are concerned, but it has better restaurants, and World of Color (at night) is worth seeing.

Disneyland Park needs more than a day to really do it right.

We have done 5 days, but we do not like to get up early for rope drope, and we want to reride favorites. I would say 3 days is the minumum I would recommend.

Thanks everyone. Looks like the general consensus is three days with a hopper so that's what we'll do.

We live on the east coast and are going to Hawaii for two weeks (a few days pre-cruise, 7 day cruise, and a few days post cruise) and thought since we were already on the west coast we'd sneak in a quick DL trip since we've never been.

Do 3 if you can. Get hoppers and do it like this:

Day 1: DL start, hop to DCA for evening.
Day 2: DCA start. Hop to DL for evening.
Day 3: DL start. Hop midday for a bit. Then hop back to DL to close out.

This is always my advice to first timers.
This is the way! What we did in October (with Genie+) and it worked out great.

Do 3 if you can. Get hoppers and do it like this:

Day 1: DL start, hop to DCA for evening.
Day 2: DCA start. Hop to DL for evening.
Day 3: DL start. Hop midday for a bit. Then hop back to DL to close out.

This is always my advice to first timers.

I agree that this is an excellent plan for both newbies and DLR vets. I'm hardly a first timer and it's often how we spend our 2-3 day trips even as frequent visitors- in fact it's exactly what we did on our December trip (except we left after hopping to DCA for a bit on day 3 to catch our flight)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter