• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many Disney cruises is too many?

Gold going silver on a 3 then 4 b2b cruise on the Dream in September. We are addicted to. As many as we can afford. One word of warning though it's too late for us we are already too far gone.... Don't ever go concierge as a 'treat' omg there is no going back. Bankrupt and homeless but still booking deck 13...

I've done 2 DCL cruises and 3 NCL. I can't imagine ever getting sick of Disney cruises! We've alternated DCL and NCL and I do think this helps. We love both cruise lines but for very different reasons. We want to get on all four Disney ships (not to mention the two new ones!) and I think switching things up probably will keep things interesting, too. I wouldn't be super eager to go on the Wonder again, even though we enjoyed it a lot, but I would LOVE to get back on the Fantasy. I've been on one of Norwegian's biggest ships, the Getaway, twice in two years and loved it just as much the second time. For me, the bigger ships are better for repeating but a new itenerary could change that.

I've done 11 and 12 is in July. But unless something changes, I'm going to abandon ship after that. We have 2 river cruises upcoming and I think those and other companies will win out due to having different itineraries, lower pricing, etc.

When you have to sell your house to pay for it. Other than that, there is no such thing as too many. :)

Best answer yet! lol

Thanks everyone for all the great comments! The first step they say is admitting you have a problem but my answer is always "What problem, I don't have a problem!" We're definitely addicted and I'm glad to see from all the comments that others are still loving them after so many. We're 25 days away from number 3. Number 4 is in September and 5 in November so we'll be Gold by the end of the year. For us the Dream is nice and easy because we can easily fit those 3 night weekend cruises in our schedule but we are definitely planning on at least one 7 night next year.

Thanks again everyone for the great discussion!

Never too many!
I only wish that the itineraries switched up more.
For our Spring Break and our usual week to travel in the summer, it is always an Eastern Caribbean itinerary for a 7 day.

Unless we want to do that twice a year we may have to look at other cruise lines :(

Been on 17 DCL cruises and at least 30 on other cruise lines. We have 2 DCL, 2 RCCL and 1 Princess cruise booked within the next 19 months.

We both enjoy longer cruises with good itineraries. Most lines on longer itineraries have lectures of some kind, I think Captain Puckett on DCL's Panama Canal cruise was by far the best.

Alladin, Tangled and Believe are my favorite shows on any cruises. I love the fact that DCL has a movie theater. Princess does nearly as well for movies. They show them on the pool deck with free popcorn, and also in the main theater.

My favorite cruises over the years:

British Isles on Princess
Baltic on Princess
Norway on RCCL from Dover
EBTA on DCL
WBPC on DCL
Hawaiian islands on American Hawaii Cruises
Transpacific Vancouver to Hawaii on RCCL
Southern Caribbean on Carnaval
4 DVC cruises on DCL
Alaska on RCCL
Greek Islands on a Greek cruise line

However, aside from family and friend interactions which stand out on each and every cruise line, it is on DCL that I have had many more "wow" experiences apart from those. I've met Stacia Martin, a Disney historian and animator on a few cruises, and won one of her sketches, Thumper. Tom and I had fun making our gingerbread house. Outr meet with Anna and Elsa was so much fun. I really enjoy Disney's activities more than other lines.

I think I am getting ready for my 39th Disney cruise. No where near enough! The unfortunate thing is that we are finding anything less than 2 weeks is just not enough. In September we did 1 week in Alaska, disembarked, and re-boarded for Hawaii. 23 days if you include our short stay at Aulani........heaven.

We have done 20 on DCL. We have also done NCL, Princess, Royal, Costa and Carnival.

My kids have grown up on the DCL ships and we love them but I am so bored of the food, shows and deck parties. I find myself more excited for our non DCL cruises these days.

I just looked. I was wrong:

You have taken 37 eligible cruises.

So it looks like this is 38 on DCL. 40 total. ⚓

Now to my discussion for today, for those of you that have cruised DCL numerous times, have you gotten bored/tired with it or do you still love them just as much? If you have gotten tired of them, at what point did that set in for you?
Haven't gotten bored with them after 14 DCL cruises, with 2 more planned.

I will say however that we are growing a bit disturbed by paying the "Disney premium". As such, we've also been cruising on RCL, where we can do a similar sailing for only ~75% of the cost.

We've done 6 and I think we're pretty much out of the game at this point. We do have a placeholder and I'll be checking the fall 2017 cruises to see if anything appeals to us but I am not holding out a lot of hope that they'll be something reasonably priced.

I came to the realization a few years ago that it wasn't cruising DCL that we loved but cruising in general. I have 2 Carnival cruises coming up, 1 Royal and 1 Celebrity (and looking to see if I can't fit in one more Carnival cruise this fall).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter