How many hours of sleep do you get?

Yep...that's me too.

DW has terrible sleep habits -- stays up WAY late watching TV and then takes long naps. Can't be healthy.

My Mother would sooooo agree with you! My Dad has always taken a 2-hour nap as long as I can remember, stays up late; eats a giant bowl of ice cream and drinks a beer nightly. Mother always complained about his habits and still does. He will be turning 90 in early March. ;)

I'm usually in bed for about 8 but I don't feel like its good sleep because I toss and turn a lot.
Honestly I feel like I'm at my peak when I am in bed for about 6.5-7 hours because I feel like I tend to have better quality sleep the less time I'm actually in bed.

My Mother would sooooo agree with you! My Dad has always taken a 2-hour nap as long as I can remember, stays up late; eats a giant bowl of ice cream and drinks a beer nightly. Mother always complained about his habits and still does. He will be turning 90 in early March. ;)

My father in law eats like crap and he's turning 85 this year. He's within a normal to slightly overweight range, though. Maybe if one can manage to keep their weight down, the eating habits matter as much? Just guessing.

Well, since Friday morning, I have had about 6. 2.5 each night, 1 hour nap on Saturday.

It's a bit less than I usually get...I am fading fast today. But, I am functional.

I'd say I function best on 4-5/ night.

I was getting about 6 hours a night during the week the past 42 years and getting yelled at by my Doctor for not getting enough sleep. Retired 6 months ago and now get 8 to 10 hours a night. It is such a DELIGHT.

During the work week I am for 6; midnight to 6:00 am. I manage because for a lot of reasons I need the waking hours, but it's not really enough sleep to thrive. I nap both weekend days, usually 2 - 3 hours to catch up and occasionally (one or two nights a month) I'll just call it at 8:00 pm and crash. Sleeping in isn't ever a thing I do unless I'm sick.

I generally go to sleep at about 930 - 10pm and wake up between 6 - 630am. So about 8 - 9. But I also wake up several times in the night to go to the restroom and of course the nights were I wake up at 3am and can't get back to sleep.

I go to bed at 10:00pm
I read until 10:30-10:45
Alarm rings at 4:50am
My feet hit the floor at 5:10am
So, I get about 6 hours of sleep and I do wake up once or twice during the night, but I don’t get out of bed.

I feel my best at 6 hours which is usually what I get and wake up naturally just before the alarm. If I go back to sleep longer I tend to feel groggy. Same if I take a nap so I never do.

I'm generally in bed from 9pm-5am but my youngest almost never sleeps through the night (I usually need to lead him back to his bedroom 1-2 times per night).

I'm usually up until midnight and sleep until 10-10:30. Last time I had to "go to work" I had to get up at 6:30 and drive 50 miles. That's been 13 years! Self-employment is good. I recommend it. :groom:

Yep...that's me too.

DW has terrible sleep habits -- stays up WAY late watching TV and then takes long naps. Can't be healthy.
There are three types of sleep patterns, one is the appropriate one for each person. What is appropriate for one person is not appropriate for everyone. One is not healthier than another for that specific person.

Monophasic sleep, one 7 hour or greater sleep. Modern society dictates that this is normal even if it is not appropriate for the person.

Biphasic sleep, one 5-6 hour sleep followed up by a 30-90 minute siesta.

Polyphasic sleep,4 to 6 distinct rest periods per day, each 20-30 minutes.

There are of course sleep scientists who have based their careers on one of the patterns and will yell and scream at the top of their lungs, funding and what not, that their studied pattern is the one and only true sleep pattern. Yeah science.

4-8 on week nights, depending. I have to sacrifice exercise time some nights to get a full night's sleep.
If I got little sleep the previous night, I crash earlier the next night instead of napping.
Weekends, 8-9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter