How many kids would be too many for you?

If you mean your own kids, then I reckon I could manage 5 total (We have 3), I think anything after that is crazy town.
It's really just finances that have stopped us, having 5 kids dancing, sports etc and travelling would break our bank

If you mean your own kids, then I reckon I could manage 5 total (We have 3), I think anything after that is crazy town.
It's really just finances that have stopped us, having 5 kids dancing, sports etc and travelling would break our bank

I think when you have more kids you just do things differently. With 6 we would not have gone to Disney so often, or gone on more expensive vacations. College choices would have been more limited, home may have been a less expensive home choice, etc.....we could have managed, but we would not have been able to do all that we have done.

Two. We have one. Before she was born we thought *maybe* we'd have two. But she was a HANDFUL in many ways. Between that and the recession almost doing us in for several years, it's a darn good thing we didn't have another. I think it would have put us over the edge emotionally and financially.

I say more than 2, but honestly if we had a 3rd child when we were young enough, it would have been fine.

Any scenario in which where the adults are outnumbered by them... they could stage a coup.

Seriously though, I think 3 would be too many to handle.

We never really gave it any thought ahead of time although we did both assume we’d have children. DS came along as a surprise and being a little overwhelmed just then we decided to stop at 1. DH and I have been well-satisfied but in hindsight I wish we’d given DS a sibling, for all kinds of reasons.

We have one. We thought about having another but DD had medical issues and had several surgeries before she was 5 (has had nine total). By the time we got her over the worst part DH and I were done.

I wouldn't have wanted more than 2. And would have preferred them 2-4 years apart.

When DD was 6 or so she would occassionally ask about a brother or sister. One weekend she and I went to the beach with a long time friend of mine and her 2 kids (boy 5, girl 18mo). On the way home from that weekend DD told me she didn't want a brother or sister anymore. :rotfl2:

9? I have 4, but 2 are special needs and parenting can be exhausting.

My oldest sister has 10.

We thought 2, then 9 years later, SURPRISE! We had a third. Honestly can't imagine life without her - it's pretty awesome!

That said...
We learned the hard way that the world is built around families of 4. Cruise ship state rooms, hotel rooms, standard size cars, even seating in restaurants, it's all built for 4 and it gets cramped and often much more expensive with the 3'rd kid.

See, now the gap between my oldest and younger two made it difficult. Nine and half years between them so I had angsty tween/teen and terrible twos/rotten threes at the same time. Was a very rough patch for me. It’s awesome now though. She’s like a third parent/big sister/best friend all rolled into one for them.

For us, it kind of went the other way. Just as the oldest was hitting the angsty years, along comes a baby sister to give him an excuse to 1) blow off friends when he knew going with them would just get him into trouble and 2) act like a "little kid" - for her sake, of course - at a time when peer pressure started mounting to act more "grown up" than he really was. For both of our older two, the youngest has been a "get out of accusations of being uncool" free card. When they wanted to play in the bounce houses at the local carnival that their friends were turning their noses up at, when they would rather swim in the shallow/calm water of the beach than go off into the deep, fast-moving water off our town's boardwalk, when we were going back to WDW for the 10th time, they just used DD10 as an excuse. And they both used hanging out with her, doing "kid stuff", as a break from the stresses of middle/high school and all of the social stuff that comes up at those ages. They're 21, 17 and 10 now and the older two are still really close with the little one - as they are getting ready to move out, the oldest into his first apartment and the middle to a college clear across the country, I suspect they'll be calling and visiting much more often because of DD10 than they would if it was only DH & I they were leaving behind. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter