How many loads of laundry do you do each week?

Just me living here, I do 1-2 loads a week, darks and whites. I have more then enough bedding to change sheets etc without having to wash straightaway. I put the bedding in with my clothes depending on its colour.

Like a pp I will only run a full load, so sometimes my whites get washed every 2-3 weeks whereas my darks including uniform every week. My machine can hold 8kgs so takes a lot

2 people, usually 3 loads. Lights, darks, alternate between sheets/towels.

Sometimes we do more. This week, I had enough to do a batch of reds.

Two people. I do one MAYBE two loads a week and my husband does the same. We do our own. He hates how I do it, I hate how he does it. Works perfect.

We are a family of 5, & I honestly couldn't tell you how many loads of laundry we do per week.

We have a stackable washer & dryer, & DH built shelves to go beside the washer & dryer. On each shelf is a basket - one for darks, one for lights, one for socks & underwear, & one for towels & sheets.

Everyone is supposed to bring their dirty clothes down to the laundry room. That doesn't happen very often. :confused3

However, if all has worked according to our "system," when a basket is full, I do a load of laundry.

Most of the time what happens is, when I get ready to do a load of laundry, I'll say, "I'm getting ready to wash socks & underwear. Do y'all have any socks and underwear in your rooms that need to be washed?" And, then, from out of nowhere there'll be a stampede, & the one load of dirty socks & underwear turns into 2-3 loads.

Typically, the basket w/ the dark clothes gets full the fastest. If I don't stay on top of it, it can quickly turn into an overstuffed & overflowing basket w/ extra piles on the floor.

The towels & sheets basket is never full. When I'm ready to wash towels, I have to go around collecting dirty towels & asking for dirty towels out of bedrooms. :(

Sometimes, I'm not in a laundry "mood," & I'll let all the baskets get full & then have a laundry marathon day & might do 4-6 loads in one day.

In the summer, there's more laundry due to beach towels being washed nearly every day.

But, no, I can't say that I ever do 15 loads/week on a normal basis.

There are 4 of us. To stay on top of laundry, I wash at least 1 load a day, sometimes 2. It probably averages out to 9 loads a week. When we go to the pool regularly, it adds an extra 2-3 loads a week. Soccer season adds at least 1-2 extra loads a week.

Soccer I can see.

But, why does going to the pool add so much? Do you change towels & suits (along with a regular change of clothes) every day?

We are a family of 5, & I honestly couldn't tell you how many loads of laundry we do per week.

We have a stackable washer & dryer, & DH built shelves to go beside the washer & dryer. On each shelf is a basket - one for darks, one for lights, one for socks & underwear, & one for towels & sheets.

Everyone is supposed to bring their dirty clothes down to the laundry room. That doesn't happen very often. :confused3

However, if all has worked according to our "system," when a basket is full, I do a load of laundry.

Most of the time what happens is, when I get ready to do a load of laundry, I'll say, "I'm getting ready to wash socks & underwear. Do y'all have any socks and underwear in your rooms that need to be washed?" And, then, from out of nowhere there'll be a stampede, & the one load of dirty socks & underwear turns into 2-3 loads.

Typically, the basket w/ the dark clothes gets full the fastest. If I don't stay on top of it, it can quickly turn into an overstuffed & overflowing basket w/ extra piles on the floor.

The towels & sheets basket is never full. When I'm ready to wash towels, I have to go around collecting dirty towels & asking for dirty towels out of bedrooms. :(

Sometimes, I'm not in a laundry "mood," & I'll let all the baskets get full & then have a laundry marathon day & might do 4-6 loads in one day.

In the summer, there's more laundry due to beach towels being washed nearly every day.

But, no, I can't say that I ever do 15 loads/week on a normal basis.

2-3 full loads of just socks & underwear?

I think we could cram 2 months worth into our washer - assuming we owned that much underwear.

Three people and 2 dogs.

Before you laugh we have "dog towels" to wash for the week, just with wiping their paws. That is one load right there. Heaven forbid if it rains or snows. Ramp that up to 2-3 loads just for the dogs. Muddy paws and wet fur. :crazy2:

Our washer holds about 7-8 towels max. We do not reuse towels either. So that is about 3 loads there, plus the load for the dogs, and we are doing 4 loads/week just for towels.

Now you have bedding. Like today, I am washing all my bedding. 3 blankets and a load of sheets. That is 4 loads for today, just with bedding.

Clothes and PJs run us 2 loads a day. Bras themselves are a load a week.

Jackets, coats, bath rugs, sweaters, delicates, etc... Laundry is never ending, lol.

An average week is at least 15 loads for us. More if we are doing heavy cleaning, bedding, etc.

Say what? 3 people...... and 2 dogs.... are the dogs wearing bras too? A load a week for JUST bras?

Soccer I can see.

But, why does going to the pool add so much? Do you change towels & suits (along with a regular change of clothes) every day?

For sure. Chlorine eats away at suits and who wants to reuse a towel that smells of chlorine, esp. if it's a public pool.

I reuse my bath towels more than once but not pool towels.

2-3 full loads of just socks & underwear?

I think we could cram 2 months worth into our washer - assuming we owned that much underwear.

Hahaha!! :rotfl2:

True... While we have oodles & oodles of socks & underwear, I'm not sure we have that much... or, at least, that much at one time that's dirty. (Clean socks & underwear... that's a different story. I'm quite sure we could fill several laundry baskets w/ all our socks & underwear, but that's another thread...)

Anyway, perhaps, I shouldn't have used "socks & underwear" as my example.

Maybe instead...

"I'm doing a load of lights! Does anyone have anything to add?"

And, then suddenly, my one load becomes 2-3 loads.

Meaning, while I'm thinking I just have one load of laundry... my dear children like to prove me wrong.

:thumbsup2

Oh, & regarding beach towels & swimsuits in the summer... Yes, they get washed after each use. (We'll reuse our bath towels 2-3 times, but not our beach towels.) Older DD & DS are on a swim team in the summer w/ practice every morning; plus, we're members at the pool. So, in the summer, we have more laundry - at least 2 loads probably every day (1 for the towels & 1 for the swimsuits & coverups/shorts).

5 of those are DH's work clothes which MUST be washed alone (they are THAT disgusting.....LOL).

All the other clothes and linens, it's one load per day on average. So, 12.

Family of 4.

Good grief, I can only assume those of you who do 8-15+ loads a week and meticulously separate everything do not live in California.

I do 3-4 loads each week (some weeks 3, some weeks 4). Whites, colors, sheets/towels. That's for DH & I. Have two other adults living here - they each do their own - maybe 1 load a week, sometimes 2.

Hahaha!! :rotfl2:

True... While we have oodles & oodles of socks & underwear, I'm not sure we have that much... or, at least, that much at one time that's dirty. (Clean socks & underwear... that's a different story. I'm quite sure we could fill several laundry baskets w/ all our socks & underwear, but that's another thread...)

Anyway, perhaps, I shouldn't have used "socks & underwear" as my example.

Maybe instead...

"I'm doing a load of lights! Does anyone have anything to add?"

And, then suddenly, my one load becomes 2-3 loads.

Meaning, while I'm thinking I just have one load of laundry... my dear children like to prove me wrong.

:thumbsup2

Oh, & regarding beach towels & swimsuits in the summer... Yes, they get washed after each use. (We'll reuse our bath towels 2-3 times, but not our beach towels.) Older DD & DS are on a swim team in the summer w/ practice every morning; plus, we're members at the pool. So, in the summer, we have more laundry - at least 2 loads probably every day (1 for the towels & 1 for the swimsuits & coverups/shorts).

That makes more sense :)

For sure. Chlorine eats away at suits and who wants to reuse a towel that smells of chlorine, esp. if it's a public pool.

We'll use ours for a week & that might be:

Swim lessons in the am
Swimming at home in the afternoon
Swim practice at night

The kids do wear different suits for practice (1-piece vs 2-piece any other time). 1 towel for the day, same towel all week.

Soccer I can see.

I was wondering the same thing.

This makes a bit more sense to me now. I agree with you about the chlorine, but we just have different methods of getting the same results. Mine doesn't involve extra laundry.

We live right by our neighborhood pool and were there daily during the summer. My kids shower with their suits on when they get out of the pool to wash their hair and the shampoo and water get the chlorine off the suit. They don't use their towels until after they have showered, so they don't smell like chlorine either. Everything gets hung up to dry as soon as they get home so it's ready to go for the next day.

My boyfriend washes a load every 1-2 weeks. I can easily go six weeks before I start to run out of clean clothes to wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter