How many of you had your first Disney park experience as an adult?

I was 25 when I went to my first Disney park.
We didn't go for far and expensive vacation when I was young, but I knew about them because my dad visited 2 parks when he went on business trips and brought back park merchandises for my sibling and me.

Did y'all feel like you had to ride everyride (even the kiddie rides)? We're you kind of like Tom Hanks in Big, Kid in a candy store?

My friend, with whom I went, commented that she had never seen me that excited before when we finally stepped inside the park :laughing:
But I was not interested in the kiddies rides like the carousel. We visited local theme park when I was little, and even back then, I preferred the thrill rides.
I was blown away by the theming, especially Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror.

I first went to Disneyland when I was around 5. My wife was a little different, she was 26 on her first trip to Disneyland. As for WDW, we were both in our 30s

I know that a lot of people grew up taking Disney vacations, but how many people didn't enter a park until they were adults? I'm wondering if I'm an oddball! LOL
We went when I was a little kid, waaay back when Epcot opened. The only memory I have is Figment, and photos to prove it happened. My parents went back when I was senior in HS, but I didn't go due to sports commitments. I didn't go back until I was married, around age 27.

DH was 35 for our first trip. I had gone at 11 with my family (which was a huge deal for us in 1986!) and then ended up going three years later with my H.S. color guard.
DH spent his childhood down in the Florida Keys but they never stopped - my in-laws said they went once with BIL when he was little and it was so busy that they never wanted to go back. DH always told me he wouldn't go until we took kids (they were 1 and 3 our first trip when I finally convinced him!). He was hooked. I wasn't sure exactly his thoughts after on a return trip and I mentioned taking the kids when he would go on one of his hunting trips and he said nope you go, I go. And the rest is history almost 10 years later lol. (and yes, we have gotten my in-laws back 2 times with us too lol)

I wanted a WDW trio for my 30th bday-that was my DH’s first trip (and the only adult-only trip I’ve ever done. He complained ahead of time for me dragging him to a kids park, but he ended up loving it and we had such a great time. It was during F&W, which was a lot of fun and a good part of his first trip.

It was 2005 and I was 29 with 3 daughters(ages 8, 7, and 10 months) that adored the princesses, so I thought it would be the perfect trip for them! It was also our first ever family vacation, even though we'd been married for 9 years. I really didn't expect to love it as much as I did and thought it would be a one and done, or possibly one more trip when the baby was the same age and deep in the princess world. The trip was a family trip off site that we invited the in-laws on and it was kind of disastrous, lol, but I fell in love with Disney! We didn't make it back for 4 years, but it was amazing that trip and only spurred the love even more. We've made it there a total of 5 times now, and are trying to make it yearly thing at this point. Our first trip onsite was a year ago this week at POP. It's special every single time and we've never even done the fancy stuff, lol! We're in our mid 40's now and my goal is be able to go 2x/year, at least. We're only 8 hrs away, so the only thing holding us back is financial responsibilities and work committments. :)

I had my first experience at about age 31, I never went as a child. We took our first born when he was 5, so he was capable of walking around and tolerating the lines. It was fabulous!
We took our kids for the first time when they were 16 and 13. My oldest has special needs and it took a while to get to a place where he could tolerate the sensory experience of air travel and theme parks!

I was 28 and 7 months pregnant with my 2nd and it was August - what was I thinking? I’ll tell you - not that as this pregnancy was a welcomed shocked surprise!! My other child was 6. We never took vacations when I was a kid - but we always watched The Wonderful World of Disney !! ❤
I used to watch that too! I can't imagine walking the parks that pregnant in August! My son is an August baby and I would have melted like a Mickey ice cream! LOL

Me! I was 39. We never took vacations when I was a kid. The first time I went to the ocean was when I was 25.
I never took vacations as a child either! My parents didn't drive and we lived on a modest income so it just didn't happen. I went to the ocean for the first time when we went to Disneyland in 2018! I am 47!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter