How many of you run into neighbors

TINK61

<font color=teal>I need a vacation to rest from my
How many of you run into people you know or recognize when you visit WDW? I live 700 miles away. Two years ago, I saw several people from my community. I guess 700 miles away is not far enough if you REALLY want to get away. LOL. Last year at AK we ran into my cousin, his wife and kids. My DH saw someone he works with there. And, in November, which is when we like to go, is when a local high school takes their Senior trip. It's fun to run into people you know. :D Except for maybe my boss:mad:

I was down there over Teacher's Convention one year (affectionately known as NJ Week to those from outside of the state). I ran into my history teacher! The best part was that she was there with another history teacher (of the opposite sex).:eek:

I got a note in my homeroom the first day that I was back because she wanted to tell me not to spread it around because no one knew they were taking a trip together.;)

That same trip we had the hardest time meeting up with family that we knew was down there are the same time and had planned to meet up with...

I ran into someone I graduated high school with. We both live in the same town. And I live in North Dakota!! He was saying my name while we were at The Living Seas. I just ignored him at first, figuring this person was talking to someone else. To my surprise, he was talking to me!! Crazy!

Everytme we go we run into someone we know. Sometimes we know they're going to be there and sometimes it's a surprise when we run into them. "It's a Small World After All.....":rolleyes: :rolleyes: (Just had to say it, I knew someone would!)

Yes I have run into people I know!!
Also Tink my liscense plate is TINK 66!!! So I like your screename it is close enough!! :) :)

One year while we were in Epcot we were just leaving when we heard someone call my son's name. At first we thought it was some calling another Eric, but then this kid came running over and here it was a boy from his class at school!. It was strange because we were there in July so the place was packed.

During my last visit I ran into two families from my neighbor hood at the resort pool. They had rooms no more than 5 away from ours:p

On a recent trip we ran into someone from our child birth class. We did not recognize her until she started talking to us.

We got on the Monorail in the same car she was already seated.

Almost immediatly she asked if we were from Atlanta. We said yes and she asked if we had a 3 year old daughter. (Our daughter was not with us on the monorail. She was with the grand parents swimming at the hotel.)

At this point we were a little amazed and freaked out that she could know so much about us.

Then she mentioned the child birth class and we both suddenly remembered her and her husband.

I haven't so much lately but, in the early to mid 80's when it was just two parks I used to run into people that lived close by quite often. Nothing is more surprising then to be walking along in the Magic Kingdom and hear someone call your name. It really does seem like a small world afterall. Where have I heard that before? Hmmm! Oh, Well, I'll remember eventually.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Sorry I have never ran into any one i know. It seems that the few people i know that would go to Disney always go a different month than us. (They have a time share, so they pretty much have to go when there is an opening).
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

One year I was in line at Peter pan and I turned around and right behind me is our mail lady ! I had alot of fun kidding her about "now I know why the mail is soooo slow getting delivered shes been in WDW !" :)

This is pretty weird.. I ran into someone in the Orlando airport ladies room... actually I have been out of high school since the middle 60's... we started talking and she said to me I went to high school with you... I did not recognize her but when she gave me her name.. she had been in my homeroom for years.. not in my classes... she said I had not changed.. I almost paid her for that remark..

I run into people all the time at WDW that I know....sometimes planned and sometimes just by chance..:)

I loved the history teacher story... good one.. :)

My Ds says we can't go ANYWHERE that I don't know someone!!!
But really, everytime we go to WDW we run into someone my DH or I know. Sometimes we know they will be there, sometimes its a chance meeting. The busiest trip was Teachers week 2000, we ran into 6 different families from our hometown. Two we knew were there, 4 we did not.!

Deb:earsgirl:

My Ds says we can't go ANYWHERE that I don't know someone!!!

LOL, my fiance says the same thing. We always see someone we know, it is a Small World.

Originally posted by jordgubben
I ran into my history teacher! The best part was that she was there with another history teacher (of the opposite sex).:eek:

Hmmmm . . . seems they have more than History in common.;)

Back in the seventies we were waiting in line for the race cars at Mk with our tickets and a cm hugged my mother. He was our neighbor from NY who had movedto Fl. Also in 1976 we were at Mt rushmere with my parents and my 6 grade teacher was their too.

Two years ago I was sitting at the pool at PO riverside and heard someone call my name, I looked around to see my cousin sitting 3 chairs away!! They were at the end of their vacation and we were just starting ours. How bizzare!! It was a shame we didn't find each other earlier so we could of at least had some time together.

Another year we were walking through Cinderella's Castle and my dd said "hi" to some kid that passed us, like it was no big deal. We asked her who he was and she said "oh, he's in my class." Oh course we turned aroundas did the other parents, to say hi and to comment on how weird it was to meet them there.

Yes we ran into another family from our areal. Our kids were in the same class at school.

Nope, I sure haven't. Guess that's because I don't know many people though. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter