• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many pieces of candy do you pledge to eat?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I usually ask how many pounds but thought I would mix it up.

My goal is 100 pieces, I want to keep it realistic.

I define pieces as individually packaged candy. For example one Halloween sized package of skittles is one piece for counting purposes.

Candy is usually not in my daily diet anymore, but there are now snack size Kit Kats in the house and I might treat myself to one or two. I love those things.

How many pieces of candy one eats, is proportionate to how many pieces of candy one gives out. If you eat even one more than you give out, that is how you "win Halloween" (as per my husband every year)

So far I have held strong at 0.... I have walked by the bowl and been tempted, but I have made the right decisions.

I have 2 "snack size" Reeses that I will eat tomorrow. Bought a 5 pack and ate 2 on Saturday, one tonight.

Someone Costco sized box of full sized candy bars to work today. Hopefully I can resist the temptation. Candy is not on my (modified) DASH diet.

We hardly ever get anyone so I forgot to buy candy. There's talk it could be revived in my area so I guess I'll give out hotel soaps. That should yield some good expressions.
My dad used to like to have fun with the older kids. You know the nearly adult teens who come to the door hardly in a costume or drunk etc. These boys knocked and said Trick or Treat. he said Trick. They were just stunned. He said you said Trick or Treat. I want to see a Trick. Me an my mom were laughing our heads off at the looks. In the end he gave them candy but it was priceless.

So far I only had one 100 Grand when I was putting the candy into little bags last night. I purposely didn’t buy any Snickers this year because I’d definitely be getting into those.

Only a few at my neighbors house - their kids know to share with Ms. Sandy :tongue:

I put several snack size in a baggie to give , so while making up the bags I did eat a few but I didn't want to. Honest ! It was quality control. I mean I in good conscience couldn't give out candy that tasted bad, right?????

We do not have a lot of kids in the neighborhood so will probably have a lot left over which I will get to eat since my family members have food allergies.

We'll see how it goes.
We have 120 full size candy bars, 20 treat bags with non chocolate goodies (fruit snacks, Pretzels and Skittles) and 25 treat bags with little Halloween related toys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter