• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many pix will i take?

paula70

Mouseketeer
I am a huge picture taker and love to scrapbook! This will be my first visit to WDW with my family (DH, DD8, DD5) and know i am going to crazy...my DH calls me the pix nazi! My sony cybershot has a 256 mb card and can hold about 125 pix (on a 3.1mp setting). I know i will need to buy another one, but will I have to buy more than that? From what I understand the 512mb card doesnt work with my camera. So, for all you crazy pix takers, let me know approx. how many pix you take on a 6/nt 7 day trip! Thanks much!

With just my daughter and I, we took close to 400 pictures on our 6nt/7day trip. When I look back, there was actually a lot of photo ops that we didn't take advantage of!!

I took my laptop and downloaded what was on my card each night.

I do not have a laptop, so unfortunately that is not an option. I can get about double the pix if i change it to standard mode instead of fine, but i'm not sure how that will effect the quality? I really just want to make sure I have enough room to capture every moment. Any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

We just went to WDW on our first trip in October (7days) and I took 13 disposable cameras (kodak) - and used them all!
the pictures turned out great!
you are going to LLLOOOVVVEEE WDW :love:

i take about 300 and I don't feel like I'm capturing every moment. I also delete any that aren't great.

Does your Sony use memory sticks? If so, they are dirt cheap so get several. On a trip as long as yours I usually take several hundred. Our last trip, I filled up two CD's worth of pictures and still feeel I could have taken more.

paula70 said:
I am a huge picture taker and love to scrapbook! This will be my first visit to WDW with my family (DH, DD8, DD5) and know i am going to crazy...my DH calls me the pix nazi! My sony cybershot has a 256 mb card and can hold about 125 pix (on a 3.1mp setting). I know i will need to buy another one, but will I have to buy more than that? From what I understand the 512mb card doesnt work with my camera. So, for all you crazy pix takers, let me know approx. how many pix you take on a 6/nt 7 day trip! Thanks much!

Did you know you can get your pictures burned to a cd right in the parks?

Click here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...=GuestServicesCameraServicesDetailPage&bhcp=1

Thank you all for all the great info! Now I have some more research do, but good to know that if worse case scenerio, i can burn them to CD at the parks! Im new to this discussion board thing, but really love all the info that is out there...Thanks again!

paula70 said:
.... I can get about double the pix if i change it to standard mode instead of fine, but i'm not sure how that will effect the quality?

I wouldn't do it ... memory is pretty and I'd buy more (which is what I am doing for my December trip).

BTW I usually take around 500 pixs during a 7 day trip to Disney!

I learned from my honeymoon, get EXTRA memory cards or a storage device if you don't have a lap top. We went with 3 memory cards, and they were full the first day and a half. We went to one of the camera shops at MK and had them burned to CD-- not a cheap option. and we did that again a day or so later and so on. It ended up being really expensive-- or don't take any pics from our honeymoon.

being an avid scrapbooker and picture taker, I am always with camera and snapping shots (posed or candid) and I LOVE IT!!!

When I got home I investigated some portable storage units, and you can get one for about $100 that will hold about 15000 pics---- about the cost of a few memory cards, but many more pictures!!!

here is one that I just googled now-- just an idea and its small.

Portable Media Storage

The last trip in Aug we used this and It was a life saver, we got about 1400 pics in 4 days. And they are AWESOME (if I do say so myself).

Whichever way you decide to go-- HAVE fun and go Picture crazy-- If you are like me, you don't get to go that often, but the pics will last FOREVER!!!

Forget having enough space, you NEED a second (or even third) card in case something becomes corrupt on the one you have.

I have FIVE 1 gig gards for my Nikon (Four are "Ultra's" one is "regular" which si fine for day-to day ourdoors at the parks type of shots), and two 256mg cards for my Minolta.

Anne

Wow! You all have so much great advice! I love these boards...everyone is so helpful! Thanks a ton!

In addition to getting more memory, have you got one of those jacks that you can plug into the TV to see your pics enlarged? That is one of our favorite parts of traveling is to review the days pictures and delete the ones that we would not keep.

Muushka said:
In addition to getting more memory, have you got one of those jacks that you can plug into the TV to see your pics enlarged? That is one of our favorite parts of traveling is to review the days pictures and delete the ones that we would not keep.

That is a great idea, I NEED one of those!!! :teeth:

I love to take pictures and I love WDW so needless to say I take a lot of pictures at WDW. In 2005 we were lucky enough to make 3 trips to WDW and I came home with over 2400 pictures.

I am on my 5th digital camera since 1998. I currently have the Canon 20d which I got as a Xmas present last year and it great!

When traveling I pack my camera gear, and laptop in a backpack type bag that fits everything. It even has a special spot for the laptop. I have two 512mb Ultra II Compact Flash cards and a 128mb standard card. I take all my pictures at the highest resolution which gives me about 120 pictures on the 512mb card and 30 on the 128mb.Each night I transfer the pictures to the laptop. Before we leave I burn the pictures to either CD or DVD. In fact I burn two copies just in case.

When I want prints I use Snapfish. They have a Refer-A-Friend plan that gives you 20 free prints for each person that signs up. To date I have over 200 free prints. I tried several places for getting prints and found that Snapfish has the best quality and pricing. $0.12 per print after you use up all your free prints.

Depends if you are a camera freak like I am. I can take up to 100 or more pics on any given day of just random things I think are cute! I'd say you could probably take a lot at WDW -- or at least I could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter