• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many points are you buying at VGF2?

How many points are you buying at VGF2

• 0-50

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • 51-100

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • 101-150

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 151-200

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 201-299

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 300-399

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • 400+

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Oh noooo….never thought of that! Something is definitely up with these fixed weeks charts, or lack of I should say.

now you guys have me intrigued and also wondering as well! Didn't the fixed weeks cost more on previous direct sales? or something about they weren't eligible for the incentives? I know the fixed week was more expensive point wise then just booking it at the booking window. I think wife said it was 13? points total more for the 7 days if booking it normally on 2022/23 points chart.

Overall I'm satisfied with the pricing and experience buying direct compared to our resale poly experience. Direct we got in at $186/point and being able to max credit card bonuses for the payment. That is huge and they let us split the payments and also defer them over 30 days. This way we get sign on bonus, balance transfers, and final balance on 20+ month 0 interest. The couple hundred saved on removing the title insurance was also nice.

I don't NEED more points. I have enough for 9-10 nights at Riviera with a fixed week included and 4 at VGF. But I've got it into my brain that I want a week at VGF and a week at RVA. The 2023 point chart has turned my 5 VGF nights into 4. Thinking of buying an extra 50-60 when I'm next in the US in May. My unused 50 points at RVA will then be used as SAP at Aulani or add to 1 bedrooms if we start going every 2nd year. Someone talk me out of this.

now you guys have me intrigued and also wondering as well! Didn't the fixed weeks cost more on previous direct sales? or something about they weren't eligible for the incentives? I know the fixed week was more expensive point wise then just booking it at the booking window. I think wife said it was 13? points total more for the 7 days if booking it normally on 2022/23 points chart.

Overall I'm satisfied with the pricing and experience buying direct compared to our resale poly experience. Direct we got in at $186/point and being able to max credit card bonuses for the payment. That is huge and they let us split the payments and also defer them over 30 days. This way we get sign on bonus, balance transfers, and final balance on 20+ month 0 interest. The couple hundred saved on removing the title insurance was also nice.
They were. For example my FW at CCV cost me 118 pts. for week 49. The regular points for that week were 107, so I had to pay for the extra 11 pts to get that week (10%). BUT, there was no minimum that had to be purchased like they are doing now.

They were. For example my FW at CCV cost me 118 pts. for week 49. The regular points for that week were 107, so I had to pay for the extra 11 pts to get that week (10%). BUT, there was no minimum that had to be purchased like they are doing now.

ahhh now i'm following you! they are setting it higher on those FW! We were already planning on 150 to 200 so I didnt even catch that. thanks makes sense now!

I suspect he's more interested in Aulani, right now. Looking forward to next DVC show that was taped after March 3.
I agree on the show. I also agree on AUL, it seems he is always looking for a good deal and he jumped on the AUL deal a few months ago. He seems to have a bad case of Add-on-itis, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. This is contract #5 for us.

We're adding 200 VGF2 points, to go along w/our 200 at CCV and 260 DRR.
The original plan was for a 2BR every other week at CCV, which lasted a year or two. Then we decided we needed every year.
We added DRR for a 2 BR every other week, so we alternate between the 2 now.

We added the 200 to VGF so we can either add that into the rotation (not likely) or just add a couple of days to the end of either of the other two. It also gives us the flexibility to go whenever/wherever, without worrying about how busy the season is.

We sound a bit different than many here though. We love GF, and have been kicking ourselves for years for not buying back when it was first listed. This is our chance to get points at nearly the same price that they were originally.

We also thought about selling one of the other two, and only keeping one + VGF, but didn't for a few reasons:
1) CCV is my favorite of the two, DRR is DWs
2) We've never felt we had "too many points"
3) "Someone" wants to start adding Aulani into the rotation, every 5 years or so...

Does anyone know the breakdown on how many studios will fall into the three different categories? I’m wondering how competitive the standard view rooms will be. Also curious what the standard view rooms will be like.

Does anyone know the breakdown on how many studios will fall into the three different categories? I’m wondering how competitive the standard view rooms will be. Also curious what the standard view rooms will be like.

This is from Buyer's Guide to Villas at the GF (DVCNews):

"Of the 202 Resort Studios, 28 would appear to be Theme Park view while the rest will be roughly evenly split between Standard and Lake view. Standard view rooms will generally face to the north toward the Courtyard Pool. Lake View rooms will face to the south in the general direction of Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. "

There is also a diagram showing the location of the anticipated view in that article.

To agree with an earlier poster, 0 should be a stand alone option in this poll. A choice to buy 0 (not buy) is immensely different than a choice to buy 50 (the minimum size). And if I am correct that the minimum purchase size is 50, then 1-49 aren’t really options, so that category is conveying one of two very different choices.

As for the question, I am undecided (not a poll option). With no apparent downside to buying at the end of the month versus now, will wait to see what the world looks like in a few weeks.

To agree with an earlier poster, 0 should be a stand alone option in this poll. A choice to buy 0 (not buy) is immensely different than a choice to buy 50 (the minimum size). And if I am correct that the minimum purchase size is 50, then 1-49 aren’t really options, so that category is conveying one of two very different choices.

As for the question, I am undecided (not a poll option). With no apparent downside to buying at the end of the month versus now, will wait to see what the world looks like in a few weeks.

Hmmm, maybe create another poll? This poll isn't "are you going to buy?", it's "how many are you going to buy?"

In my opinion, I think you're looking for a poll that gives you the opportunity to NOT buy, whereas this poll gives you the opportunity to tell us how MANY you're going to buy.

Definitely ZERO (0) . IMO it's getting harder and harder to spend more at Disney.

I spent some time last night looking at the touring plans site’s BPK room views, the standard views seem to predominantly face the pool, not a bad view although the lake views appealed to me more. It’s so odd how Disney classifies views, I once stayed at the Poly in a cash garden view room which was a parking lot view, at the YC a water view could be either lake or pool when I was staying there in my pre-DVC days. You can see MK fireworks from some of the VGF1 standard views, etc.
W/ VGF2 I’m most interested in knowing which view will include the studios that don’t have balconies.
& to answer the thread’s original question I added 125 VGF2 points to my VGF1 points, it’s the first time I’ve bought direct points. However, I’ve been looking to add 100 VGF points for quite awhile because we run out of VGF points every couple of years. The incentives offered caused me to buy 25 more points than I’d been planning to buy to get the $8 off per point at that level.
When VGF1 was selling I planned to buy direct there but by the time I was ready it had sold out, so when VGF2 sales opened at what I considered a surprisingly reasonable price I didn’t dawdle.

I spent some time last night looking at the touring plans site’s BPK room views, the standard views seem to predominantly face the pool, not a bad view although the lake views appealed to me more. It’s so odd how Disney classifies views, I once stayed at the Poly in a cash garden view room which was a parking lot view, at the YC a water view could be either lake or pool when I was staying there in my pre-DVC days. You can see MK fireworks from some of the VGF1 standard views, etc.
W/ VGF2 I’m most interested in knowing which view will include the studios that don’t have balconies.
& to answer the thread’s original question I added 125 VGF2 points to my VGF1 points, it’s the first time I’ve bought direct points. However, I’ve been looking to add 100 VGF points for quite awhile because we run out of VGF points every couple of years. The incentives offered caused me to buy 25 more points than I’d been planning to buy to get the $8 off per point at that level.
When VGF1 was selling I planned to buy direct there but by the time I was ready it had sold out, so when VGF2 sales opened at what I considered a surprisingly reasonable price I didn’t dawdle.
It appears that there will be a few rooms for standard view and lake view that will not have balconies on the 5th floor. If I remember correctly it was 3 standard view and 2 lake view. One standard view the room is extended into the tower section, making the room very large. The other standard and lake view rooms, were suites, that are now split into 2 studios. In one of the lake view and one standard view, the balcony is basically part of the room and there are 3 windows to look out. The other half of those rooms there is just a wall. So 1 lake view and 1 standard view will not have a window, or will DVC use these rooms as storage?

It appears that there will be a few rooms for standard view and lake view that will not have balconies on the 5th floor. If I remember correctly it was 3 standard view and 2 lake view. One standard view the room is extended into the tower section, making the room very large. The other standard and lake view rooms, were suites, that are now split into 2 studios. In one of the lake view and one standard view, the balcony is basically part of the room and there are 3 windows to look out. The other half of those rooms there is just a wall. So 1 lake view and 1 standard view will not have a window, or will DVC use these rooms as storage?

You mean would DVC create a room that doesn't have an outside window? I'd have to give that a .000000001% possibility just to save the "you never know for certain" component.

We have a 100 point resale contract at Copper Creek and just bought 2x150 point contracts at VGF2 first thing on March 3rd for a total of 400 points.

You mean would DVC create a room that doesn't have an outside window? I'd have to give that a .000000001% possibility just to save the "you never know for certain" component.
There are a few studios at OKW that only have a small window in the bathroom, but they have a balcony at least. I also don’t think they would do it, but you never know. No Balcony or window, they might see it as a plus. Less noise to make its way into your room, it will cost you 2 more points a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter